Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Defense?
Baltimore vs NO 6 66.67%
NYJ vs CLE 1 11.11%
Arizona vs GB 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Sorry, I just made a donk post to the wrong forum (NC Thread)

[ QUOTE ]
I need to pay someone $20 who only has a pokerstars account and I'm only on full tilt. Anyone here that has accounts at both pm me please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump for the morning crowd. Anyone who can spare $20 on stars and could use $20 on FT pm please.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
B&M downswing still going...

...so I PFR KK and get 4 callers. Flop is A73 rainbow, check, check, passive limper bets, I fold, limper ends up having A4o. Next hand, flop is KAA. I think "man it would be awesome if that were the board last time" and then the turn is a 4. I almost went on hypothetical tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your mind thinks strange things in a downswing.

Also, last sentence = next NC thread title, AINEC.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:52 PM

About making a video - I'd like to take a shot at it, at least you guys would get some entertainment, good comedy, to laugh at. So my question is, you guys seem to be pretty good buddies, what are your thought on revealing your aliases?

People would know, right? Me, you guys would lurk around forever just to take mah monneys away?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About making a video - I'd like to take a shot at it, at least you guys would get some entertainment, good comedy, to laugh at. So my question is, you guys seem to be pretty good buddies, what are your thought on revealing your aliases?

People would know, right? Me, you guys would lurk around forever just to take mah monneys away?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not correct thinking.

a) You will learn a great deal more from these guys (not me necessarily [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) than you will ever lose playing with them.

b) You will probably learn more from the reactions to your video than you could any other way.

If all else fails you will likely win playing with them anyway because they are all big laggy donkeys who post better than they play [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Join in a pick up donkfest everybody knows everybodies screen names anyway.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:14 PM

Good to know, I guess what I was asking in my own awkward way was you guys are not keeping your aliases secret so if I make a video I wont be committing a cardinal sin. Couple of guys here know it already anyway.

And Bona, your TR's rock. Just the right balance between fact and entertainment - please keep them coming.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:20 PM

My Stars screen name is CrMenace...

Alias revealed!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:21 PM

A serious answer is some do many don't. A few even have the same name. (The whole deal is just never reveal anybody elses. Leave that up to them) I don't feel threatened by who knows my screen name. If a game is too tough for me I know how to get out of it!!

Besides. Live poker is the nuts anyway!! I can't remember now why I ever liked on line poker. Oh yeah I do remember. I can learn a lot from it.

EDITED TO ADD: Mine is BonaFideFish on all sites I play on. I picked a screen name I could play to consistently.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the regulars here know the other regulars aliases it's not a big deal and can't be avoided when we have fun drunkern games, sweating players, session reviews, KOTKP with eachother. If you're afraid of us hunting you, don't be, most of the really good players here play higher then what I've seen you post regularly. The few that play in .25/.50-1/2 have a lot better fish to hunt then you gaurenteed. Personally I don't like sitting at tables with other 2+2 and avoid it if possible, and even if I do I try to stay out of hands with them. There are so many better targets and if a table has enough targets for me then I will sit but stay out of the other 2+2's way. Why would I want to get involved in a hand against a villain I know thinks about their game. Even if their games not the most solid I know if they are a thinking player it will be harder for me to extract value and at the limits your playing there are so many better fish to catch.

I hate quoting Rounders when talking serious poker discussion but "You don't see Pihranas eat eachother in the wild"

If you're that worried about it then just don't do a vid. But I gaurentee that if you do a vid and we have a good laugh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] you will learn a lot and that will earn you more bets then the ones you're worried about losing.

Edited to add: I see that a few of your responders outed themselves. I will not do that not because I don't trust you or any other regular poster. Most of the people in this thread know my name. But I don't post it inline cause I prefer to hide it from people just browsing the forums who are not 2+2 members/freinds of mine.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can someone hold my hand and take me through steps to make a vid w/ sound hopefully. i have a microphone.

i want to make one

[/ QUOTE ]

Voice commentary on your play is actually extremely helpful to improve your play. Definitely recommended.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:56 PM

Meh, does Stars even have a fish finder that remembers names? Probably more effort than it's worth. Noma's right though, the worst 2+2 poster isn't going to be worth playing against when there are much worse players out there.

Here is a lolcat that has nothing to do with this:
Closed Thread