Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 02:20 AM

Default Tell me a little about Commerce & The Bike

I'm gonna come spend a few months in L.A. and I plan on staying close to The Bike & Commerce. I plan to play in some of the Legends events and alot of $5/10 NLHE. I think I saw somewhere that there is no cap in that game, if thats true whats the average buy in? Do you get many producers in that game or will the 8 regulars being drooling over my money when I sit down? I would assume that there is alot of action during the Legends event at the Bike but does that effect the Commerce much? And do they ever spread a PLO game at either place or am I [censored] outta luck?
Old 07-28-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Tell me a little about Commerce & The Bike

there are plenty of threads about commerce use the search button. The reviews I have seen of commerce and all LA card rooms say that PLO is very rarely spread.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:32 PM

thanks chuck, Ive been doing just that there is tons of info on here already. Appreciate it.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:39 PM

also check out hawaiian gardens
Old 07-28-2007, 10:17 PM

there will be good cash games at the bike during the legends. There will be more action at the bike for sure, versus commerce during legends. If your going to play 5/10, stick to the bike. Commerce has a $400 max buy-in then you can can buy in for $200 more after you lose $1. I dont like to sit with around $500 to play my game at 5/10. Commerce is great if your playing 10/20, action is ridiculous......
I have been playing most of the Bike tourneys for the past few years, and you get the same group of LA regulars at all of them. Some can play well, but most are broke ass donkeys hoping to get lucky in a tourney. Commerce always has a PLO game, but I cant say for sure about the Bike, but during the lengends, I cant imagine that there wouldnt be.