Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Tough preflop spot with QQ

[ QUOTE ]

SB will lead any flop, we can call if lower cards and see what MP, if he pushes and SB calls we could fold but prolly priced in, if MP pushes and SB folds we def call, i might like reraising the flop all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is another reason I would rather just get it in preflop. There are a lot of 'IFs' in that statment and I have a hard time playing 1 pair in a big pot in between two aggro opponents.

Just 4 bet call preflop, your equity is good there.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:56 PM

Ya I agree with the above, whenever I have a cold caller to a 3-bet pre, I tighten up so much. It's a scary thing, especially here because we are not even closing the action. If I was villian I would play extremely hesitantly unless I could beat a top pair type hand. You made me interested in this :P i'm gonna go look it up on PT.

If I was sb(AK) and you cold called, mp folded and flop is 277, I would not c-bet, I never c-bet into a 3-bet cold caller unless I have a very strong hand.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:08 AM

Call. Looks like SB just wants to get rid of you. I think he has a pp 77 to TT or AK.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what about calling, then letting their postflop aggression factors determine some stuff, since both are high

SB will lead any flop, we can call if lower cards and see what MP, if he pushes and SB calls we could fold but prolly priced in, if MP pushes and SB folds we def call, i might like reraising the flop all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this too.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:03 AM

What are your stats? I would 4bet here pretty easily but I honestly find noone respects my late positions 3bets/4bets because I'm so aggro sometimes.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:21 AM

He will put you on a resteal alone (and push weaker hands like AQ/etc) enough to make this profitable if he is a competent player. Cold-calling just sends out red flags and you aren't getting paid unless you hit a set over set or set over AK on AQx flop. 4-bet/call a push.

And of course you have the added benefit of him folding his SB more allowing you to play the pots with the bad LAG.