Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Ever refuse to be a best man at a wedding?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm the world's worst best man.

Been asked five times.

Turned down one because it was a shotgun wedding and they had no future. The wife actually got an abortion, claimed it was a miscarriage and the whole thing was over in 18 months. He's now happily married to someone else.

Two times made it through the ceremony, both ended within 5 years. One of them is now happily remarried but didn't ask me to be best man again. Other is closing in on new wife, unknown whether or not I get asked again.

Two didn't even make it to the wedding. BOTH fiancés got knocked up by other guys weeks before wedding date. One married a great girl a couple years later and now is happy with three kids. I was not asked again.

I have been blackballed as a best man amongst my friends and family. I tend to think my friends choose horrible women. By the way, I made these five people my co-best men in my wedding in Las Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 03-28-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Three years later my friend recounted what he had asked his wife for his birthday. She had asked him what he wanted and he replied that he would like some sex. She thought that was funny and then asked him what he really wanted. He repeated that he wanted some sex. He didn't get any. They are still married. He sleeps around. What choice does the poor guy have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Divorce, maybe?

b
Old 03-28-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two didn't even make it to the wedding. BOTH fiancés got knocked up by other guys weeks before wedding date.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Three years later my friend recounted what he had asked his wife for his birthday. She had asked him what he wanted and he replied that he would like some sex. She thought that was funny and then asked him what he really wanted. He repeated that he wanted some sex. He didn't get any. They are still married. He sleeps around. What choice does the poor guy have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Divorce, maybe?

b

[/ QUOTE ]

They have two kids, (he likes to joke that this proves that they've had sex twice). The Australian child custody laws are very fecked up. He would stand a good chance of not seeing them very much at all while paying this horrible woman to live. Plus there's the traditional Italian family thing where they don't like divorce much. It's all a crap situation. I tried to warn him all those years ago.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

They have two kids, (he likes to joke that this proves that they've had sex twice).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, I am a sucker for cheesy humor.

[ QUOTE ]

Two didn't even make it to the wedding. BOTH fiancés got knocked up by other guys weeks before wedding date.

WOW.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just plain bad. I don't believe in curses, but if I were in your position I would choose to quit being best man just so I wouldn't be sickened by my friends fiancees.