Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: If you had more then $10k in neteller in 2006 but didn\'t pay taxes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You only have to file if you had 10k at ONE TIME in neteller correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

incorrect. aggregate total is what they are looking for. in other words, the total of all deposits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you absolutely certain of this? This does not match my (limited) understanding, which is that the form must be submitted if the aggregate balances exceeded $10k at any time in 2006.

[/ QUOTE ]

FBAR FAQ

You must file "if the aggregate value of these accounts exceeds $10,000 at any time during the calendar year".
Old 07-05-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

incorrect. aggregate total is what they are looking for. in other words, the total of all deposits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you absolutely certain of this? This does not match my (limited) understanding, which is that the form must be submitted if the aggregate balances exceeded $10k at any time in 2006.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess i can't say I'm "absolutely certain of this" since the IRS uses different terminology.

FBAR Requirements

The qualifications for filing are:

1.The person has financial interest in, signature authority or other authority over one or more accounts in a foreign country, and
2.The value of the account exceeds $10,000 at any time during the calendar year.

I'm fairly certain that #2 would be the aggregate. On the form they ask for maximum value of the account.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FBAR FAQ

You must file "if the aggregate value of these accounts exceeds $10,000 at any time during the calendar year".

[/ QUOTE ]

That confirms what I was thinking - thanks!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess i can't say I'm "absolutely certain of this" since the IRS uses different terminology.

FBAR Requirements

The qualifications for filing are:

1.The person has financial interest in, signature authority or other authority over one or more accounts in a foreign country, and
2.The value of the account exceeds $10,000 at any time during the calendar year.

I'm fairly certain that #2 would be the aggregate. On the form they ask for maximum value of the account.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the maximum aggregate value of all accounts, not the aggregate of deposits (unless, of course, you start the year at $0 and never withdraw). For example, if you deposit $1000 into your account every Tuesday for an entire year, and withdraw $1000 every Friday, the sum of your deposits is $52k. However, your balance - the value of your account - never gets to the $10k trigger.