Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Help understanding my graph

Hi guys, just started using poker tracker/grapher/ev this month, but I dont' really understand the graphs. Can someone explain to me the lines in this picture. Is it bad that my green line is so much lower than my blue/red lines?
Thanks!

Old 11-19-2007, 04:37 AM

Default Re: Help understanding my graph

These graphs are a little overrated for Full Ring players I believe.

Anyways, it looks like you are running a bit ahead of expectation.

Also, you are getting dominated in pots that don't go to showdown - which usually means you are playing too weak-tight postflop.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, you are getting dominated in pots that don't go to showdown - which usually means you are playing too weak-tight postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see, thats what i figured that meant.. is it abnormal to be so low below my showdowns line? it makes me think that theres a serious leak in my game, since my total winnings is 5000 dollars less than my showdown winnings
Old 11-19-2007, 04:42 AM

These graphs are always difficult to interpret. Yours is somewhat typical for many Full Ring Players (with the green line being way below the others). You could be drawing too much, drawing with enough odds but not getting there, folding too much, not raising too much preflop, etc.

For gauging your luck factor you'll have to switch to the luck graphs, net line.

Better use PokerEV for hand analysis with filters.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:53 AM

Has FGators been coaching you?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:59 AM

seriously, who's FGators, thats the 2nd time someone has said something about FGators after i've posted a graph.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:01 AM

slight loser over 1.4 million hands
Old 11-19-2007, 09:31 AM

I don't know if it's normal or abnormal. You see both types of graphs. Some people rely on stealing, some rely on good post flop decisions to win them money in shown down pots. It looks like most of the money you win comes from shown down pots. This can be ok if you make excellent post flop decisions. If you are average or near average post flop, as most of us are, it can be very difficult to be a consistent winner relying only on getting to show down.

I find it helpful to use the filtering to look at different pot sizes. If you are a big loser in small pots, it probably may mean you are limping too much, giving up too easily, not winning small pots in position, etc, etc. Also, take a look at you position stats in poker tracker and look at your button play. Are you seeing lots more hands on the button than in other positions? Are you raising enough on the button? Are you limping in early and middle position a lot? All of these things make you reliant on getting to showdown with a good hand.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These graphs are always difficult to interpret. Yours is somewhat typical for many Full Ring Players (with the green line being way below the others).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would this be the case?? I've heard the argument before that in full ring you can expect the green line(total winnings) to be below the blue line(showdown winnings). But if you took 9 people and had them play a session and then combined all the graphs, wouldn't the 2 lines be the same??

Also in Super System, Doyle mentions that he is usually a dog in hands that get to showdown but more than makes up for it by winning a ton of smaller pots. Wouldn't this put his green line above the blue line?
Old 11-21-2007, 05:07 PM

are u rainie yang at ftp?