Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games

Old 12-18-2006, 09:15 PM

Default NO INFORMATION GAME THREAD

The No-information game:

There may be any number of every single one of these roles in the game, distributed in some order to each side, except for vigilante which will be exactly one or two. Otherwise it works like a regular game of werewolf, with a wolf team and a villager team, wolf team gets 1 nightkill in addition to below powers etc.

All "perma" roles may also exist in multiple charge form (like, you may be a doctor for three times total per game). There may also be perma-doctors (or any other perma-role). Also, it may be possible for a player to have multiple roles, but if they do, all roles are guaranteed to be a limited number of uses. The only exception
to this is the detective, who can be anybody.

NOT ALL ROLES ARE APPROXIMATELY THE SAME POWER. SOME PLAYERS ARE RANDED MORE POWERFUL THAN OTHERS. DEAL WITH IT. I will not confirm or deny the existence of normal villagers. BUT IF YOU ARE WEAKER THAN OTHER PEOPLE, TOUGH NOOGIES. I think this is fairly balanced but I have no precedent, so we'll see how it goes. I am keeping my Jan 29th timeslot for either vendettas or perhaps run this game again depending on how it goes so I can try rebalancing if this doesn't work out. I apologize in advance if this game is lopsided one way or the other.

Good/evil information:

6 wolves
1 serial killer
1 detective (may be on either team, may have other powers in addition to being detective).
1 or 2 vigilantes (rand() in some proportion that may or may not be 50%)

Thats it. The rest you have to figure out yourself.

DAY WILL START SOME TIME EARLY TUESDAY MORNING. Night actions are due by 7 AM EST. We will worry about 1 day/2 days for Christmas later.

Possible roles, for either side unless otherwise specified:

Old roles:
Vigilante (limited number of kills - 3 bullets, can never be evil, cannot have a second power)
Roleblocker
Double voter
Doctor (50% effectiveness)

New roles or roles that need clarification (SOME OF THIS HAS CHANGED, READ IT AGAIN):

Role-guesser: May guess a players role. If correct, they steal that players power the following day or night (depending on what the power is). May not steal vigilante's power, or the wolf kill power. If they steal the double voter's power, the double voter's vote counts for 1 the next day and their own vote counts for 2. Can only steal from a player once per game, even if they are wrong. The guess has no bearing on whether they are evil (since any role can be on either side). If they steal from a person who has a limited use power, they steal one "charge" from that player, and that player can not use their power that night.

Defender: This player may name 1/7 of the players in the game, rounded to the nearest positive number (can never be 0) each night to defend themselves from. If they are targeted by any night action from that player, the night action does nothing. So theoretically they could block a doctor but not a nightkill player and have 0% chance of being saved. Also, if they are the only one alive with a wolf, TIE GOES TO THE WOLF TEAM. They are not told if they actually blocked any powers. There are two different kinds of defense: regular defense and role-guesser defense. Basically when defending the defender must choose whether he thinks the player that might be attacking him is a role-guesser, if they are a role-guesser, then he blocks the thievery, if they are not then he doesn't defend vs any other power of theirs.

Emperor: This player may, up twice per game, publicly move three total votes worth of power from one player to another. This is not direct vote buying (i.e. they don't have to pick player names, just 3 votes). Players are told whether Emperor was used during lynch writeup but not who it is.

Messenger: This player may send up to as many PMs as they have gotten to other players throughout the game, and only at night. All PMs go through me. They may send at most 1/8 of living players (always rounded down) player names other than themselves in their PM. They may mention any number of dead players in their pm. They may also send their own name, however: all PMs used with this power will simply be "you have recieved a private message" - so theoretically people can fake who the sender is, with no mod proof as to who sent the message. Recieved messages may be paraphrased in thread but not quoted verbatim. Any attempt to directly refer to a player without specifically using their name counts for this (example: "player who's almost never around after 5 PM" to refer to nich), with ruling discretion subject to my final decision. If a PM is vetoed, the player will not find out about it.

NEUTRAL ROLE (guaranteed to be exactly one):

Serial killer / seer: The only seer in the game, is also a neutral role and a serial killer. They get one seer peek and one night kill every turn. Their seer peek will not reveal the identity of the detective (see below), but will give everything else (wolf, powers, etc.) The serial killer wins by being the last player standing, and is the ONLY player that wins in that case. If a wolf and the serial killer are the final two, tie goes to the serial killer. 2 wolf 1 villager 1 sk situation, wolves win. 2 wolf 2 villager 1 serial killer, depends on who is lynched and anyone can win.

Detective: Each night pms me a player who they think is the serial killer. If they are correct, both players leave the game, the detective wins and the serial killer loses. If wrong, they simply learn that their target was not the serial killer. If the serial killer dies before the detective finds them, the detective simply loses their ability to win through finding the serial killer. If the detective dies, they are written up as whatever role they also were, with the fact of them being a detective not revealed. Any player, wolf or villager, powerful or not, may be the detective. Also I am thinking of giving some small bonus to the team the detective is on if the detective finds the serial killer to compensate for losing a player (especially if the detective rands() as a wolf). THIS POWER MAY ALSO BE STOLEN BY A ROLE GUESSER. If that happens, the detective cannot peek the following night and the role-guesser who found the detective can win the next night using that detective power.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:16 PM

Default Re: NO INFORMATION GAME THREAD

Player list:

comod: Kyrosmother

Players:

aaronk56
alex levin
amplify
bluffblank
boiler_bd
chuck
clowntable
dmk
econophile
fnord
jeremy
kyro
lastchance
luckayluck
magra
metsandfinsfan
morn
nich
patton4
shorty
soah
stephen h
tabako
thebram
traz
voraciousreader
xorbie
Old 12-18-2006, 10:03 PM

Rule clarifications:

Messenger: Faking sender does not count as a living name against you. So this is ok, with 27 living players:
(from me)
[ QUOTE ]

Hi, this is BobOjedaFan. I think Tokyo is evil, but DMBFan23 and Kyrosmother are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

(1 faked sender, 3 living players, 27 / 8 = 3 and change).

-----------------

What is revealed on death?

Everything, except whether the player was the detective. Everything else about their role is revealed, BUT DETECTIVE IS NOT.

-----------------

Does the serial killer have a n0 peek? Edit: neither does the detective

No.

-----------------

Further piece of information:

Somebody has a limited use version of every single power in the game

-----------------

For the people with limited use double votes and emperor:

You must PM me that you are going to use the power sometime that day, or within 15 minutes of night being called. In the case of emperor, you can not contingency it (like, "if I am the leading lynch target, move 3 votes on to second place" is not allowed). I will not announce the use of emperor on a given day until someone actually dies.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:23 PM

OMFG.

No one gets a n0 anything.

edit: ANOTHER RULE CLARIFICATION

If the serial killer and the detective target each other in the same night, tie always goes to the detective unless the detective is roleblocked or role-stolen.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:41 AM

For the last 9 months, the ordinary citizens of Pogsylvania have been terrorized by werewolves. All shapes, forms, incarnations, special powers, have terrorized the land, killing normal citizens in their wake.

Setting: Poggias, a small town, cloaked in forest. Why is this town so different from the others, you ask? Here is where the magically adept of Pogsylvania live, hiding from those normals. Most of them simply don't care about the werewolf invasion... they feel they can handle it. But can they? Two of Pogsylvania's finest, durron597 and Kyrosmother, with a talent for divination, seem to be the only ones interested in dealing with this threat.

"KM, I can feel them getting closer. They know we're here. All our efforts in helping the other villages find and destroy their werewolves hasn't helped."

"I know durron, they will be here any day now. I have forseen it. And they will be stronger than the other wolves that have attacked the other villages."

"Perhaps if we somehow give them a warning... they can defend themselves... if their arrogance does not consume them."

"Do you think Bezmer will help us?"

"No... his experimentation into the darkest secrets has become his undoing. He could help - but he has been driven mad - I would not be surprised if a werewolf attack puts him over the edge..."

"Oh, I pray that is not so. The village will need his help. Perhaps his son..."

"No. Tervel may try to help... but I would not count on that having much chance of success. He is not as strong as his father, but perhaps he can reason with him... but Bezmer will be no ally to the others in this. We will have to alert the others, convince them to prepare, on our own."

"I agree... what do you think about this..."

2 hours later, a huge apparition appears over the village.

No one stirs from their houses.

"They heard our warnings before, they see our warning tonight. Their arrogance is unb-scrrrrrk"

durron597 swivels around. "KM? Are you still... Oh."

In the morning, the bodies of durron597 and Kyrosmother, the village diviners, are found eaten almost to the point of unidenitifiability. It looks like the Poggias is not immune to the werewolves after all.

It is day.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:44 AM

I dedicate post #9000 and the first post in this game to voraciousreader.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:48 AM

hi soah, are you wolfia?
Old 12-19-2006, 05:51 AM

No, but thank you for asking!
Old 12-19-2006, 05:53 AM

chuckles,

it is a wolf tell to accuse someone without voting them!
Old 12-19-2006, 05:54 AM

Me and my friends just got done trying to synch music to the Star Wars Holiday Special. I think Scatman John worked best. Man that Star Wars Holiday Special is crazy. At one point a wookie places on these headphones which makes him visualize an animated Luke Skywalker in the tip of a Y wing floating in a pool of red feeding a dragon being ridden by Boba Fett armed with a trident blaster. Seriously wtf was Lucas thinking.