Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 01:06 AM

Default SafeMine (AHK Script)

After nearly driving myself crazy trying to work out why iWitness wouldn't open SNGs in multiple user areas I decided to make a simple version of iWitness (largely based on Roland's original iWitness code he posted in the original V1 post).

Basically this "safe" version should be a good fallback script if (like me) you cannot get iWitness to do a certain task.

It doesn't have a fancy GUI and it requires you to navigate to your chosen limit in the Party Lobby by hand (and set your own filters), but other than that it's pretty simply to use.

<font color="red">Please note: I haven't really had chance to test this on all game types yet, so I expect there will be some problems - feedback will be helpful.</font>

It now has a semaphore lock placed on the list of tables opened in each user area, and also it is capable of self correcting if it accidentally opens the same table in two user areas, so it should be much safer for use in multiple user areas and/or between networked PCs (hence the name 'SafeMine').

If you want to give it a try, then it can be found here.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2006, 09:42 AM

Default Re: SafeMine (AHK Script)

Brilliant, Juk!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:01 AM

Default v0.02 available (improved)

I've just improved on the old version slightly and it can be found here.

<u>Changes:</u>

1) Have changed the OpenTables timer to be called at just 30 seconds intervals.

2) Have made the window minimization get done in another thread.

3) Have added a KillSpamWindows thread.

<font color="red">Also, make sure you delete any old copies of "tables.txt" and "semaphore" before setting up a new batch of SafeMines. You DO NOT want to delete "tables.txt" and "semaphore" each time you run a copy of SafeMine in a new user area, but you DO want to delete them when you <u>first start running</u> SafeMine (each time).

If you forget to delete these before you start, then SafeMine will just sit there doing nothing in any of your user areas. I will try to find a way to fix this in a later version.</font>

Old 08-18-2006, 11:59 AM

Default Re: v0.02 available (improved)

I am getting the following message when I go to the link for this:

"The requested URL /SafeMine_0_01.ahk was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.jukofyork.com Port 80"

I didn't find a reference to this on the jukofyork web site.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:11 PM

Default v0.03 available (improved)

Version 0.03 is much easier to use now, as it doesn't require manual deletion of the table list and semaphore anymore. When the last copy of SafeMine closes, it will automatically delete them for you.

<u>Changes in v0.03:</u>

1) Have fixed KillSpamWindows to use the LastFoundWindow.

2) Have added a lock to each of the copies we are using, and an exit event trap to delete these locks. When the last lock is deleted, we want to also delete the table_list and the semaphore.

Thanks to Roland for these ideas! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

To use SafeMine, just follow these simple steps:

1) Open a copy of PartyPoker and navigate to the limit you wish to mine.

2) Set a filter inside of PartyPoker for the types of tables you wish to mine.

3) Run SafeMine.ahk (make sure you have AHK installed) and you should see SafeMine open the required number of tables for you.

4) In as many user areas (or networked PCs) as you wish, repeat steps 1-3. SafeMine will make sure that it only opens a table ONCE throughout all of the user areas, and if it happens to accidentally open the same table multiple times, it will auto-detect/auto-correct this for you.

To set the number of tables you wish to mine, then simply edit this line:

NumTablesRequired = 4

If SafeMine fails to open or you have a crash, then it is possible that some of the ".lock" files, the "table_list" and the "semaphore" files are left behind by accident. If this happens, then before you start running SafeMine again, simply delete these files by hand (this should only need to be done if SafeMine was exited via TaskManager or you had a crash though...).

Old 08-18-2006, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am getting the following message when I go to the link for this:

"The requested URL /SafeMine_0_01.ahk was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.jukofyork.com Port 80"

I didn't find a reference to this on the jukofyork web site.

[/ QUOTE ]
I deleted the old version and posted a new version (Version 0.03) in a new sub-thread.

I should really make my OP a generic link to the current version, but I always forget to do this and start off posting v0.01 - next time i'll remember [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Once I have some feedback on this, then I will most likely try to get it posted in the Overcards.com wiki, but just need some people to try it out first.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:46 PM

Does this work with Empire? And if it doesn't would it be hard to make it work with Empire?
Old 08-18-2006, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this work with Empire? And if it doesn't would it be hard to make it work with Empire?

[/ QUOTE ]
It should be very easy to get it working with Empire, but I just need some feedback first on how it is working in general.

It's not going to get much more complex than this, as all it will be is a fallback script for iWitness. I'll add Empire support, try to detect if you're logged in automatically and fix any bugs, but other than this I'm gonna try to keep it very minimal/simple.

Old 08-18-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It should be very easy to get it working with Empire, but I just need some feedback first on how it is working in general.

It's not going to get much more complex than this, as all it will be is a fallback script for iWitness. I'll add Empire support, try to detect if you're logged in automatically and fix any bugs, but other than this I'm gonna try to keep it very minimal/simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just tested it and it works really great. But I could see it being a problem if the tables it opens breakdown and become empty, SafeMine wouldn't know to close that table would it? I guess that would be remedied by running safemine in conjunction with iwitness.

If you could get this working with empire, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks alot.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just tested it and it works really great. But I could see it being a problem if the tables it opens breakdown and become empty, SafeMine wouldn't know to close that table would it? I guess that would be remedied by running safemine in conjunction with iwitness.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, atm it can't tell if a table is empty (unless it's a SNG), but if Party ever closes table it will fire up a new one (and you could use PT to filer based on &gt;X players at the table). I agree though this might need fixing eventually, but atm I'm just trying to keep it as simple as I possibly can (it's not meant to be a new iWitness, just something to fall back on if you have problems with iWitness like I did for mining SNGs).

[ QUOTE ]
If you could get this working with empire, I would really appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll try to do this for the next version (see next post for quick hack to make it work for Empire).