Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 05:28 PM

Default TT vs spewy villain (river provide gutshot)

villain is 50 vpip, 13 PFR, total agg 1,
lost 100 BB in 2k hands, seems not to like money much and don't know anything about pot odds.
he always buys in with around 400-500$ at stars low limit.

the coldcaller is an unknown 1-2 player (he has never played higher). due to the cold call I dont put him down as a TAG or deeply thinking villain.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (9.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button folds,

ok, so I screwed up big time on the turn I guess.
Turn is b/f or c/f, right?

river:
I only lose to KQ maybe someone dont cap JJ preflop).
easy check-raise?
but the guy who dont know pot odds jumps in and bets before the turn aggressor?

Am I screwed?
Old 07-26-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: TT vs spewy villain (river provide gutshot)

Yeah, I think you messed up the turn and I b/f. As for the river I still c/r here. Just because there are more AT and JTs combos than KQ combos. Also, he seems like kind of a doofus so I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up with something dumb like A6 or A3.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just because there are more AT and JTs combos than KQ combos.

[/ QUOTE ]
there aren't. KQ is 16 combos. AT is 3 combos. JTs is 1 combo. counting offsuit JT it's a total of 3 combos. it's 16vs6, so if his range is anything like [KQ, AT, JT] then it's not even close to a raise.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:52 PM

I think you should b/f the turn, that's a pretty ugly board, but I think you need to fire one more barrel.

I really want to c/f, but I don't think that's right against 2 players who likely suck and may peel a lot of hands you beat.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just because there are more AT and JTs combos than KQ combos.

[/ QUOTE ]
there aren't. KQ is 16 combos. AT is 3 combos. JTs is 1 combo. counting offsuit JT it's a total of 3 combos. it's 16vs6, so if his range is anything like [KQ, AT, JT] then it's not even close to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm such a moron. We've got two of the tens for AT don't we.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:15 PM

lol.Somehow it looks like talking about me,As i`m allways by in for 500$.and i`m in stars,sut higher limit 2/4$.And my play,close to maniac.BUt i donn`t remember this hand,anyway raise is my opinion
Old 07-26-2007, 08:46 PM

With the little information we have about this player I think we just should call. KQ is his most likely holding that he donks this river with. Raising could cost us 2 bets if we feel we must call his reraise and folding sets on river when 3-bet is nothing I like doing at all.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:25 PM

wow. um, c/r. no one has taken the lead here postflop, and i see this river donk being any pair often.

no reason to see monsters, especially a backdoor lol. i could understand being more apprehensive with the flush hitting, or the guy c/r'ing.

if people put this guy on KQ, then they also gotta put him on QT-KQ, JT, etc. i personally put him on those mentioned plus random crap. we're talking about fish here at 1/2. right. leave their range expanded, don't shrink it.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, villain is not a 2+2 lurker at 5-10. he dropped 100BB in 2000 hands on 2-4.

He called the c-bet by the preflop 3-bettor with KQ on an A high board... (to me looks like beeing behind and drawing dead beside a runner-runner staright)
Can I give somebody like this credit for a AJ, JT KQ range?

Now I think turn is easy b/f and river is a b/c