Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Re: FILM REVIEW: Little Miss Sunshine

[ QUOTE ]
I would have loved Grandpa to have been there for the dance routine. Oh why did he have to die?

[/ QUOTE ]

he was old, db, when people get old like Grandpa, sometimes they die. he's in a better place now.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2007, 12:17 PM

pryor, I thought the best moment in the film was when the little girl tears up and tells grandpa she doesn't want to be a loser because "Daddy hates losers." I thought the acting in that scene by both Breslin and Arkin was just amazing. What did you think?
Old 08-09-2007, 02:27 PM

I agree, great scene....Drew, can you change your avatar? it freaks me out.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:55 PM

I too loved this film, the fact that we all missed Grandpa terribly when he unexpectedly passed is a tribute to the writing and Arkin's performance. I was a little disapointed by the ending, but I thought everyone did a fantastic job overall.

Arkin also pulls off two fantastic performances in two of my other favorite movies, The In-Laws (the original) and Glengary Glenross. If you haven't seen either of these, I highly recommend them.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, great scene....Drew, can you change your avatar? it freaks me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

O - O - O - O - O
Old 08-09-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pryor, I thought the best moment in the film was when the little girl tears up and tells grandpa she doesn't want to be a loser because "Daddy hates losers." I thought the acting in that scene by both Breslin and Arkin was just amazing. What did you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i remember correctly, this was in the hotel, right? if so, i concur. that was a wonderfully acted scene and probably the thing that got Arkin his Oscar
Old 08-09-2007, 11:05 PM

The In-Laws is right up there as one of the funniest comedies ever. Indeed a great performance from Arkin, as well as from Peter Falk. Not to mention a world-class one from Richard Libertini.

I also agree that Arkin was great in Glengary Glen Ross. What a cast: Arkin, Lemmon, Pacino, Spacey, Harris, Baldwin, Pryce.

I first saw Arkin on Broadway in a Carl Reiner play called "Enter Laughing." He was hilarious.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The In-Laws is right up there as one of the funniest comedies ever. Indeed a great performance from Arkin, as well as from Peter Falk. Not to mention a world-class one from Richard Libertini.

I also agree that Arkin was great in Glengary Glen Ross. What a cast: Arkin, Lemmon, Pacino, Spacey, Harris, Baldwin, Pryce.

I first saw Arkin on Broadway in a Carl Reiner play called "Enter Laughing." He was hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glengarry Glen Ross is what turned me on to Arkin as well. That was an amazing movie, great acting, and I expect the best from Arkin whenever I see his name. He is the only reason I was interested in this movie, and I'm glad I checked it out. Good movie, and another great performance by Alan Arkin.