Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Absolute MGR calculation

I'd like to ask some people for help. First let me tell you my situation and then I'd like some people to post numbers.

I was told by a friend who owns a rakeback site that my site has been taking 14% out of my MGR to keep for themselves on AP (I'm not going to name the site yet in case this all turns out ot be incorrect). They were able to check it by having two players play heads up. The person that goes through my affiliate received 14% less than the other guy. I have no reason not to believe my friend because he's not trying to recruit me to his site...I can't change anyway.

So, I decide to do a little calculation. I used the total rake paid on the general tab of PT as an estimate of my total contributed MGR (I know it's not perfect, but after 30k hands it should be close enough). I subtracted 20% for the cut that AP takes out for deposit fees and such. Then I saw that my MGR on my site was almost exactly 14% less that this result. Very convincing considering 14% was what my friend said my affiliate was taking. I contacted my affiliate and they assured me that this was not true. I don't really know what to do. I'd love some people to post their expected MGR from AP (total rake-20%) and what their affiliate website says. If it turns out that my affiliate is taking a cut I will release the name.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Absolute MGR calculation

They use contributed now not dealt so you only get rakeback for hands you are involved in. I think that is the problem unless you play too many hands or unless I don't understand.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:35 PM

I figured that using the rake paid would be close to what my contributed MGR would be. I just looked again and for June My MGR from the site is almost exactly 20% less than my 'rake paid' on PT says. July is a whole other story. And I'm just looking at rake paid through the date that my affiliates site is updated to. This is the one that is 14% lower than it should be. Something isn't right. In both months I played the same 30/20. And July is 14% lower than expected. Like I said, maybe I'm wrong here, that's why I'm hoping some people can post some July numbers.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:17 PM

If you are using PT, you need to create a query that extracts all hands you put money in and how much you put in the potMY$) that were raked for the total amount of rakeRAKED$) and total pot sizePOT$)

For each hand, your contribution would be

(MY$/POT$)*RAKED$=MGR

Then sum on that result with the appropriate conditionals to limit it to your ABS hands within a specific month. I think the PT forum has some of these queries posted.

Your total should be less if you are a winning player, because the most you can contribute to any pot you win is 50% and if you are a winning player, you are typically putting less than 50% into pots you lose. (folding before the hand is finished means rake% > 50%) Losing players should have higher MGR than the rake they paid in winning pots. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit to clairfy, consider three hands, HU two players to simplify calculations. You each put 50% of the money in the pot, you are the better player and win two of the three hands. Each pot is raked for the same amount: $X In this case, PT would show your total rake paid as 2*$X, since you lost rake in two pots, but your MGR would only be 50% of th total rake paid in all a three hands: 3*$X, or your MGR=1.5*$X. The losing player would have PT stats of having paid $X in rake, but their MGR would be the same as yours, 1.5*$X.