Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Red Rock rake rises

Do most players even know what a rake is at 3/6 or 4/8? I'll bet if you asked a random table that more than half would not even have a clue.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do most players even know what a rake is at 3/6 or 4/8? I'll bet if you asked a random table that more than half would not even have a clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't. I was playing in 4/8 at Mandalay and table got down to 5 handed, so I asked for a rake reduction. Floor said we could get rake reduced, but they would also have to take out jackpot - so 2$-3$ less taken out per hand, but the table wouldn't go for it because they wanted to be eligible for the crappy high hand jackpot.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I if RR got rid of 2-4 do you think it would drive more traffic to the 8-16? Is there a spillover effect of raising the lowest limit that kinda pushs people up, or would everyone just still play 4-8?
I wish they could get a 15-30 going.

[/ QUOTE ]

Number of 4/8 tables at RR are usually 3:1 or better.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This really really sucks. I love the Red Rock room. The 8-16 has been really juicy lately as well. And I get in maybe 5 hands/hour more compared to the Wynn because the limit players play so fast (and the dealers are great). Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played in the RR 8/16 2x, it was ridiculously slow compared to the Wynn game. I felt the dealers were the cause, they were too busy socializing and spent little time managing the game's pace. I think we had very different experiences, it wasn't worth my time investment to play there again.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the players at RR are more likely to notice the difference in the low limit games than the players at a strip based room. But I also doubt it will affect RR in the long run.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Luxor has it now. 1 on 10, 1 on 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

And they only pay a miserable $20 for quads!

They have increased the max buyin to $100, but this remains the crappiest game in town, with their stupid 1:1:2 blinds.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:06 AM

Man, I played the 8-16 tonight and it was bitch-city all over the room. I heard probably 10 discussions about the rake. I am sure it is here to stay, as stations greed will overcome any player considerations, but people were not taking it well, verbally at least (we will see what their actions are).
Old 07-04-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I played the 8-16 tonight and it was bitch-city all over the room. I heard probably 10 discussions about the rake. I am sure it is here to stay, as stations greed will overcome any player considerations, but people were not taking it well, verbally at least (we will see what their actions are).

[/ QUOTE ]

All standard. In a month it'll be business as usual with virtually no impact to the # of games being spread.

Do they charge time for their smaller NL games?
Old 07-04-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see.

RR raises rake, players are bitching.

THEY STILL PLAY!!!!!!

Sounds like the WSOP players griping about $6 hamburger, but ordering 2.

Poker players are funny people.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see.

RR raises rake, players are bitching.

THEY STILL PLAY!!!!!!

Sounds like the WSOP players griping about $6 hamburger, but ordering 2.

Poker players are funny people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no illusions that this will get reversed, or that you aren't correct that people will still play, but it did just happen Sat at midnight. There may still be some fallout from players from this - I wouldn't expect people to march out the first time they sit down. It may affect where they go next time for a few.
This may help the suncoast room A LOT - 3 dollar max rake there on all games.
The 8-16 actually is not too bad as they step the rake like Wynn does, not a straight 10% - the last dollar doesn't come out until $120 pot. That eases the pain a little.
To whoever asked about NL, the pots are raked at 1-2 and 2-5, not a time charge. I am not sure about 5-10 or the 10-25 they got going this past weekend as I don't play that high.