Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2006, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Slowrolling vs Fake misclicks

What about taking ages to *bet* the river with the nuts, that really pisses me off, but I think it is legitimate, especially as you need to mask the times you think for ages before bluffing.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:48 PM

Sometimes you can slowroll without closing the action. Lets say you have top set / nuts on turn and he bets into you. You can/should take your time pushing.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about taking ages to *bet* the river with the nuts, that really pisses me off, but I think it is legitimate, especially as you need to mask the times you think for ages before bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dean, any time you are not closing the action with your decision, i think you are within your rights to do whatever you can to manipulate your opponents into making the incorrect decision. Timing tells, especially in NL, can be very significant, so players should vary the time they take with these decisions. If they want to really milk it, i think that is their perogative.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:57 PM

If your not last to act that is fine. Last to act with the nuts call and move on the the next hand. Following with the suicide trend of the last post i responded to the OP should kill himself.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:02 PM

Manipulating bet size to get more action = basic poker strategy.

Slowrolling someone to piss them off = the same thing as trying to put someone on tilt by making fun of their dead relative or something.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:10 PM

What is the distinction between purposefully slowrolling someone, and taking a long time to hit call because you're playing 8 tables and several tough decisions came up at once? It seems like it isn't a bad thing to do unintentionally, if you're busy with other tables at the time, but if you do it intentionally it's suddenly on par with making fun of dead relatives? How can this be true, considering that from the opponents perspective, it looks the same either way?
Old 09-15-2006, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your not last to act that is fine. Last to act with the nuts call and move on the the next hand. Following with the suicide trend of the last post i responded to the OP should kill himself.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why should I kill myself? Did you read the original post? I think slowrolling is very unetichal and have never done it on purpose (not playing other tables, slow internet connection etc.), just wanted to know what other thinks about the subject. Maybe its a controversial subject, just wanted to take it up because I see players from time to time doing this.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus.

using your retard logic i can argue it is reasonable for me to rape your gf and kill your pet dog w/ a chainsaw if we are bopth regs in the same game since i know this will prob affect the quality of your play...

[/ QUOTE ]
pwned
Old 09-15-2006, 03:48 PM

you guys should probably remove the sticks from your [censored], it's just an innocent question.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:03 PM

We agree slowrolling is unethical.But a fake misclick is just another version of a strategic bluff. This is not contrversial, it is rather clear cut.