Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Joe Horn?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
2. People should obviously be able to not allow people to come on their private property with guns if they want. I dunno why you'd even ask about this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
You must have read his response a little too fast. You can tell people who bring weapons in to GTFO and if they refuse, it's trespassing, which you can be arrested for. They just won't charge you with carrying a concealed weapon (assuming you have a permit).

[/ QUOTE ]

If they have a sign posted, it's trespassing in the first place. Now admittedly someone shouldn't be arrested for making a simple mistake, but the impression I got was that they could violate the rule with impunity. *shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with your idea is that it's a slippery slope argument. I don't allow people to smoke in my home. You don't (theoretically, I don't know your real preference) want people armed in your business or residence. Both of these things are rules that the two of us have set forth for our individual private property. If law enforcement officers are expected to enforce your house rules, should they be forced to enforce mine (no smoking)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they should enforce trespassing. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Joe Horn?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
2. People should obviously be able to not allow people to come on their private property with guns if they want. I dunno why you'd even ask about this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
You must have read his response a little too fast. You can tell people who bring weapons in to GTFO and if they refuse, it's trespassing, which you can be arrested for. They just won't charge you with carrying a concealed weapon (assuming you have a permit).

[/ QUOTE ]

If they have a sign posted, it's trespassing in the first place. Now admittedly someone shouldn't be arrested for making a simple mistake, but the impression I got was that they could violate the rule with impunity. *shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with your idea is that it's a slippery slope argument. I don't allow people to smoke in my home. You don't (theoretically, I don't know your real preference) want people armed in your business or residence. Both of these things are rules that the two of us have set forth for our individual private property. If law enforcement officers are expected to enforce your house rules, should they be forced to enforce mine (no smoking)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they should enforce trespassing. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, well that they will. I thought you were saying they should be charged with some type of weapons charge in your case. Yea, they're definitely going to be charged with Criminal Trespass.