Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 02:41 PM

Default PLO 50 - Linecheck on TTP on a draw heavy board

is this a fairly standard line for a draw heavy board? i hate laying these kinds of hands OOP, but i suppose thats Omaha. Does anyone play this any different?? no meaningful reads on other players

Cryptologic
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $131.77
UTG+1: $45.90
CO: $22.10
Button: $49.25
Hero: $87.50
BB: $69.05

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Button calls.

<font color="blue">I obviously bet out to try and win it here, and am not suprised to get called in 2 spots
</font>
Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($8, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $32</font>, UTG folds, Button calls.

<font color="blue"> Turn blanks - im happy to check here, as i dont think im going to get either player out with $8 on this board. If i can pretty much get all my stack in my c/r i will, but i dont see giving a free card away here as a serious mistake.

he bets - im not over the moon about only being able to c/r to $32, all in or somewhere close to $40 is obviously ideal, but its probably my best chance of winning the pot right now and denying any implied odds. Villan ran the timer right down before calling so im happy he has a draw ATM and im in front</font>

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($72, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $16</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button calls all-in $14.75</font>.
Uncalled bets: $1.25 returned to Hero.

<font color="blue">c/c would be better on the river, but meh its pretty academic as i dont think he would shove a missed draw anyway given the remaining chips
</font>
Results in white:
Final pot: $101.5
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows Ah 9c Kd Js</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Button shows Tc 9s Qd 5s</font>
Old 10-09-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: PLO 50 - Linecheck on TTP on a draw heavy board

he sucks

unlucky
Old 10-09-2007, 04:40 PM

Hero played hand in line with with guidelines of Department of Weights and Standards.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:47 PM

sorry if this is kinda standard but im running bad atm so im just re-running alot of marginal spots
Old 10-09-2007, 05:18 PM

I don't see what's so bad about the button's play. He figures if he hits his straight you are guaranteed to go all in on the river, so all he needs is 20% chance to win for those odds. Maybe, I am wrong if so could someone please explain.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:34 PM

I think the button played it suboptimal when he called the c/r on the turn. There is a big chance many of his outs are bad(clubs and better SDs), and he doesn't have the odds, it looks like.

I think you played it good if the button often bets in these spots, but I often see people check behind in these spots, if they don't have a very strong draw.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:57 PM

I'm a Omaha noob, but I'm wondering how well you can profitably play these types of hands out of position.

You're facing a bunch of draws plus the possibility of already being behind a set. Clearly, you've got adequate pot equity at the flop, but the problem I run into is not giving back that equity and then some when they hit.

If I've got a set, I've got quite a few outs myself and my equity is higher. But with just TTP, it feels really precarious. Maybe like TT in NLHE on a coordinated flop with overcards. You're either slightly ahead or way behind. It's a situation that will make only a little at that point, but could lose alot.

Not really commenting on the OP's play, just wondering about this situation in general in PLO. Now, if it was A93 on the flop, that TTP isn't going to be subject to as many draws, so your equity is higher.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:20 AM

you are right here bogey - this hand looks nice but is really a bad hand to be playing in first position in an unraised pot - you cant really hit a great draw, and any made hands you hit are going to be draw heavy boards

my overall play on this hand is only made sub-optimal by the fact i cant quite get enough in on the turn to snuff out his implied odds. i still prefer this play slightly to just leading out and then when the scare card falls, having to face a PSB i will probably call, as its a less obvious straightener and he may have missed his flush

his turn call is fine if the cards are face up, but if i have clubs hes crushed, so hes in a real =ev spot here and should probably give up
Old 10-10-2007, 10:54 AM

You played it perfect El-Razor! He didn't even have a club draw! What a donkey...
Old 10-10-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what's so bad about the button's play. He figures if he hits his straight you are guaranteed to go all in on the river, so all he needs is 20% chance to win for those odds. Maybe, I am wrong if so could someone please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming things, that's bad.

How would you feel about villains play if hero turned up with KQT9 here?