Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Should have folded? (DRAW)

PokerStars Game #9135179280: 5 Card Draw Pot Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/03/28 - 17:23:19 (ET)
Table 'Genua V' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: ($48.55 in chips)
Seat 3: ($57.40 in chips)
Seat 4: donkey ($92.50 in chips)
Seat 5: villain ($78.45 in chips)
Seat 6: ($65.20 in chips)
Seat 6: posts small blind $0.50
Seat 1: posts big blind $1

*** DEALING HANDS ***
Dealt to donkey [Jh 8h 9h Th 3h]
Seat 3: folds
donkey: calls $1
villain: raises $3 to $4
Seat 6: folds
Seat 1: folds
donkey: raises $6 to $10
villain: calls $6

donkey: stands pat on [Jh 8h 9h Th 3h]
villain: discards 2 cards

donkey: bets $5
villain: raises $30.45 to $35.45

LONG, LONG, LONG THINK (is he trying to push me off it???? I had no reads on him........

donkey: calls $30.45

*** SHOW DOWN ***
Villain: shows [Ks Qh Qd Qc Kc] (a full house, Queens full of Kings)
Donkey: mucks hand
Villain collected $90.40 from pot
Donkey went home with tail between his legs.

Should I have folded. I am expecting the answer to be 'YES'. I am just starting to play Pot Limit after extensive Limit experience.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Should have folded? (DRAW)

give him credit for the full house.
most players just want to call your $5 postdraw bet, unless they have filled up themselves. Most fish wouldn't dream to bluff you like that, so this would be a <u>really</u> strong play by villain, if he was bluffing.
Of course, you could be folding the winner, ive wanted to make folds like this and then called anyways on a hunch, and sure enough, sometimes they are bluffing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but usually not [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] call would be fine if you know he's the bluffer type, but without read, i think you lose here most of the time.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:01 PM

I think yes also, just for the size of the bet.

One thing that I've noticed is that people pretty much don't just stack off in Draw like they do in Holdem. Without doing the math, looks like he potted it to you post. Unless you've seen him bet high and often, I'd give him credit.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:08 AM

Up to this point I should have given him the credit, as I'd only seen him playing solidly. What confused me later though was I saw him stacking off with 444. I again had a flush (which I had luckbox drawn to) and this time put him to the sword.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:35 PM

Against a good player you're almost always beat here, still might call out of frustration. Villain played hand very well, a lot of bad players would have raised less post draw, which obviously makes no sense against a pat hand.

You played this hand very badly. Open raise, make a real bet post draw. If you're going to limp reraise, reraise more. Your hand becomes transparent as soon as you stand pat, so you want to get as much money in pre draw as possible.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:43 PM

I thought the limp-reraise here was ok, as there had been a lot of raising at the table. In my position, I was happy that there would be a raise so I could get a reraise in, thereby increasing the money in the pot predraw. What do others think?
Old 03-29-2007, 06:18 PM

LimpRR is ok i think, if you felt real confident it would get raised. On MOST tables though, theres too much risk it will get limped around and you look like a tard UTG drawing 0 with a micro-pot to play for. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

At least, by open raising, there will be some pot already built, but the big bonus is when you can 4bet someone. if you open pot it, some guy with big trips repots it, then you can basically stack him before he knows whats coming. that probably wont happen if you limpRR, he'll stop at like $10 without a monster.

either way though, you got a big chunk of his money in with way the best of it. this time he spiked it, next 9 times he wont. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]