Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: PLO 100 - scare card with flopped top set, standard?

i dont like the turn line as well. you re giving the flush draw a free card and still pay off the straights that hit. you are better off if he tries to bluff you with just the flush draw than if he folds or calls a lead but not that much that it is worth it i think. i d usually bet call here, maybe check fold if villain is a nit.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:55 PM

Thanks for all responses to this thread

[ QUOTE ]
meh, if I had a very solid read then ... maybe, but still probably not. First of all because I wouldn't be checking this very often, and if I did check it's because I thought the opponent would shove a large percent of the time just off the weakness.

To c/f here very often is extremely nitty and will definitely cost you value in the long run (given these stacksizes) because against fairly aggro opponents; if you do check, people will fire with a wide range.

However, the reason for my first post against a check as a standard play is because I think more often this will get checked behind because neither the open-ended straight nor the flush got there which are the two most obvious draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exacly why i checked the turn - my general feeling was this guy was here to gamble given his play so far - he had bought in short at both this and another table and at the other table his $40 buy in lasted 4 hands before he stacked off with KKxx pre and didnt reload.

seeing as C/f isn't really an option (against this player at least, some players i play againt its an automatic check fold) surely its better to give him an opertunity to bluff the scare card, rather than betting where you are only going to get called/repotted if you are beat by which time you are pot comitted anyway?
Old 07-13-2007, 04:34 PM

it depends on the frequency he tries to bluff you, the main point for betting is that you want to price out the flush draw and not to get called by anything. i dont know where the break even point exactly is, but i think villain doesnt have to check his flush draw extremely often to make checking bad here. if villain never or rarely does this your line is better obviously.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd prefer leading the turn and call all in.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this.
Villians flop play is standard. I'm repotting it sometimes if i'm him.