Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Facebook marketplace scams

I was just wondering if anyone has come across these as well. I put a textbook on there a few weeks ago and have gotten 2 messages from new accounts, both saying similar things.
1. Who else has gotten these??
2. Is there a way I can re-scam them? I'd assume the check would not clear but I'm no scamming expert. Non-clearing check would get me charged a fee, right?

Dear Seller, email me back to ***their email***
What is your final asking price? I believe i should be ok with the price. But let me use this opportunity to inform you that i'm purchasing the item on behalf of my client and the mode of payment is check. And the amount on the check you will be receiving from my client is more than your final asking price. So, i want you to promise and assure me that you're faithfull to deduct just the amount for the item and westernunion the remaining amount as soon as you receive the check. Payment will be sent from my client in United States as soon as i receive your response to my mail that you're honest to do just that.
There won't be any problem about the shippment. I'll be handling that with my DHL# so i want you to get back to me asap now with your full mailing information. Email me your full name, address and phone# now if you agree and assure me that you'll deduct just the amount for the item and send the balance through WESTERNUNION so that the payment can be sent immediately.
Below are the questions i have for you.

1)Is the item in good condition? And what is the final asking price?

2)Is any WESTERNUNION location where you can send the balance money arround you?

3)Can you make sure you get the payment cashed at your bank the sameday you receive it?

4)Can you allow me to send DHL for the pick up and complete the transaction the day you receive the
check?
5)Can you promise me that you'll only deduct your item fees from the payment and westernunion the balance money the day you receive the payment?

If yes to all my questions, kindly email me back your full name, address and mobile# asap today

Thanks,

Note: You won't be responsible for westernunion charges. You have to deduct the westernunion charges from the payment.
I'll like to further with the transaction with my yahoo box which is ***their email***

Pls, i repeat your response should goes to: ***their email***
Old 10-01-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Facebook marketplace scams

wow, thanks for posting a no-content thread that inexplicably stretches the forums, this is awesome

also lol at editing out the scammer's email to protect them or whatever, very considerate of you
Closed Thread