Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 06:00 PM

Default Switching the way the mouse leaves my monitor (dual monitor ?)

I have an ATI Radeon 9600 video card, w/ a VGA and DVI output on it. I have a CRT hooked up to the VGA and a flat panel hooked up to the DVI. I wake up this morning, video card is wacko. I end up un/re-installing my video drivers (latest catalyst) and get everything normal.

The only problem I'm having is the CRT is on the right side of my flat panel on my desk, and now I have to move my mouse off of the CRT's right side, and it enters the flat panel on its left side, so its totally backwards of what it should be. I have switched the outputs via the display properties as far as which monitor is primary & secondary but this doesn't seem to do anything for this. I installed PowerStrip and I don't see anything in there that messes with this either.

Does anyone know a fix to switch this around? My setup on the desk makes it so it really wouldn't be viable to have the flat panel on the right side of the desk, and moving the mouse the way I have to is just....weird feeling. I assume its some simple thing I'm overlooking. Sorry for the novel, thx in advance.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Switching the way the mouse leaves my monitor (dual monitor ?)

Right click your desktop > properties > settings, then just drag monitor 1 to the left hand side of monitor 2.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Switching the way the mouse leaves my monitor (dual monitor ?)

Sweet, ty sir. I knew it had to be something easy like that, I'm just too dumb to figure it out. Take care,

Will