Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: how i retooled my game after a downswing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is really silly to call a button raise against a 28/23/4 opponent who has a Cbet% of 90% with 22, then c/f the flop. just c/r them. and if they call, fire again often on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice post. one small issue though... if you c/r a dry flop and get called by the pfr in the situation u describe, u should generally shut down the majority of the time on the turn imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you read SSNL many people give advice such as 'call the raise and re evaluate on the turn' so often you need to fire again on the turn so they can safely muck there TP or whatever they had that was strong enough to call your raise.

sometimes you will be shoved on when you bet the turn or called down, but they do fold alot.

there are some players who make alot of 1 street bluffs. against them you can call there flop c/r as you have position and they just c/f the turn, we don't want to be like this so we can't be scared to fire the turn. we want them to fold more on the flop, so we they have to know that we will fire again if they call
Old 11-16-2007, 02:18 PM

This was very helpful. This has helped me realize how much of leak being weak in limped pots and set mining small pairs to button opens can be.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:43 PM

very interesting post.

"stop set mining with small pocket pairs. it is fine to call raises with them, even out of position, as long as you don't merely set mine. start c/r alot of flops, especially if they aren't likely to have much of a hand. this will also allow you to get paid off when you actually hit a set. hardly ever c/c with them. it is really silly to call a button raise against a 28/23/4 opponent who has a Cbet% of 90% with 22, then c/f the flop. just c/r them. and if they call, fire again often on the turn."

one thing though-against the opponent you describe, what do you think are the most profitable flops to C-R bluff on
?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:49 PM

Very very good post.

What's FOS?

Esit: Also how do you play small PP IP vs OOP when you call a raise pf? I know it's very broad, but lately I decided to play small PP OOP only for set value because I often get in to trouble when I c/c flop and then check turn.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:50 PM

full of shenanigans (aka poop)
Old 11-16-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
very interesting post.

"stop set mining with small pocket pairs. it is fine to call raises with them, even out of position, as long as you don't merely set mine. start c/r alot of flops, especially if they aren't likely to have much of a hand. this will also allow you to get paid off when you actually hit a set. hardly ever c/c with them. it is really silly to call a button raise against a 28/23/4 opponent who has a Cbet% of 90% with 22, then c/f the flop. just c/r them. and if they call, fire again often on the turn."

one thing though-against the opponent you describe, what do you think are the most profitable flops to C-R bluff on
?

[/ QUOTE ]

i tend to c/r flops that my opponents will Cbet the most often. so K and A hi flops are good.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:05 PM

Nice post. My only concern would be that people start mindlessly double barrelling turns when it is board/player/situational dependent.

Edit to say that your advice to play some hu is something all 6 max players should do.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:05 PM

Hey, you are genius. Thanks for sharing this. I've liked specially your old post about PT stats. I hadn't thought that you could estimate 3betting tendencies of the people that way.

If it may help, I use colors at the stats so I can see very fast where are the tough spots (marked in red). I also use the combined stats, it's more easy to order the stats in the screen, and you can also change them faster.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:29 PM

fwiw i think this is one of the best posts in this forum that ive seen in months and i wish you hadn't posted it
Old 11-16-2007, 03:32 PM

Nice downswing. I'm in the midst of a 70k breakeven stretch and I've already been looking at a lot of the things you've described. Very nice post and very nice winrate!