Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Updated Cliff Notes On Absolute Poker Scandal (18th October)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think it only happened in one tourney? I think there were several months worth of cash games and tournies that were cheated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thats great that you think that, but until you back it up with evidence it means nothing to me or anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think we caught them the first time they cheated? Ok, i admitt we only have proof for this one time at the current time... but to say that we caught a superuser cheater the first time they used privledges has to make us luckiest mother [censored]'s ever; even more lucky then the superuser maybe =P

dont be so niave. admitt to yourself this has been going on longer then a month.. -LOL
Old 10-18-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be shocked if The a Native Canadian company (mohawk) actually owned AP and UB.

Not saying that they don't, just saying that there are plenty of explanations for listing them as the owners, without them being the actual owners.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree. and I anticipate more exciting implications.

more Coltranedog please.

Adanthar- I thought I made it clear in the redo but I'll go ahead and nod and say yeah obv. The outside audit company is obviously outside and seems very legit.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:53 PM

this thread has been hard to keep up with so im sorry if this has been addressed...

has Nat or anyone actually had direct communication with gaming associates? even if that meant they only contacted them to offer assistance with the audit and received a "no thanks" from GA.

thanks
Old 10-18-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think it only happened in one tourney? I think there were several months worth of cash games and tournies that were cheated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thats great that you think that, but until you back it up with evidence it means nothing to me or anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think we caught them the first time they cheated? Ok, i admitt we only have proof for this one time at the current time... but to say that we caught a superuser cheater the first time they used privledges has to make us luckiest mother [censored]'s ever; even more lucky then the superuser maybe =P

dont be so niave. admitt to yourself this has been going on longer then a month.. -LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
prove it troll, I'd think that I have much more intimate knowledge of AP than you, but I saw nothing suspicious until I sat down at a table with DOUBLEDRAG
Old 10-18-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how about "admit you're one of a million conspiracy theorists that are about to descend upon this website with one thing in common: you're all pretty bad at poker".

you know what this story tells me? that it took less than a month from the time that high up management at AP turned corrupt to the time that lots of insiders at AP were lining up to hand out every bit of info to the players they could.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:56 PM

Now that mainstream papers are covering this. I predict Absolute will announce some kind of cheating by "former employees" who "covered their tracks really well" and that all players will be refunded and the security hole is fixed blah blah. Also something about how their security department failed and will be completely revamped. Basically a big win for us. Will Absolute survive, and what the immediate and long term fallout will be for online poker will be very interesting to see.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
prove it troll, I'd think that I have much more intimate knowledge of AP than you, but I saw nothing suspicious until I sat down at a table with DOUBLEDRAG

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't have to prove anything. He brought up a great point, and if you have a shread of intelligence, you have to agree that it's possible

The way I see it there are two things that can happen with the audit:

1) They quickly lock all the accounts in question and every account that's remotely suspicious. Then they slowly comb through the evidence, clearing and unlocking some accounts, permanently closing others, and using the money to pay back victims.

2) Something else and we get really pissed and don't let this issue rest until AP shuts down or does #1.

I don't care at all who's doing the auditing because we already know what happened and what the right solution is. Once they admit that cheating has taken place in multiple instances with multiple accounts, it won't hurt their reputation any more to look around and find every instance of it.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IT TOOK A LONG time because soooo many people will defend online poker "not being rigged" untill they day they die.. That turns over into people not looking for "wrongs" such as this occuring. We have no one to thank but ourselves for shumming the [censored] outta people when they bring up a post that says something isnt right.

We simply tell them to get a million hand sample then come back... by then the cheating may have been obscured.... or the player cheating them accoutns changed... therefor the player just appears to suck at poker and everyone is being hurt a little bit at a time. But [censored] adds up over time....

Many of you (us) need to take a look in the miror and think of how many time (you) us shunned a player posting with less then 10 posts and called him out...

as stated before if done right, carefully, the cheaters MAY have never been caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is complete nonsense. Demanding evidence of wrongdoing is absolutely the right thing to do.

Think about it, in the entire history of online poker there have been approximately seventeen billion accusations of things not being kosher and this is the second time something has been funky with a site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind, that despite the early evidence in September, the big break occurred because AP released Hand Histories with classified info.

Now, going back through time, wouldn't it be nice to have this type of info to investigate the other claims. ** Understand, I am sure 99.9% of those cheating theories were true tin-foil hat stuff, but logically, there could be a lot more incidents that could have been discovered but for the classified information.

Overall, the party line was always "Why would a site cheat? they make so much money, they have so much to lose! Therefore, ANY accusation of cheating that involves the site is patently absurd." I think this prophylactic argument is definitely flawed as is the follow up argument that "if you make any accusation of cheating that involves the site, you must be a tin-foil hat wearing idiot."
Old 10-18-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be nearly impossible to prove... (unless we had some more crazy HH files with all the data)
For Example, just calling Mid-pair no kicker for an Alln vrs someones busted anything in tourny would never be noticable... but would surly put you worlds ahead of even the best tourny players and would never be noticable. Especially if the user mixed in a early bust here and there; or was only doing it at 30-150$ levels...
*anyways were getting sidetracked from the matter at hand*, ill let you have last say and im done with this.*
Closed Thread