Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Sopranos Season Finale Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
Tony is Dead

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, I just dont think you guys are right. really, I think its leading you to believe what you want. the mafia doesnt hit people in front of their whole family like that, unless they absolutely cant help it, it just doesnt happen (phil was a special case becuase he was in hiding and any chance is a good one). so I believed it was us that were being tense and showing us some of our stereotypical views. Ie, just becuase there was an italian looking dude, or a couple black guys, doesnt mean they were there for tony.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they're not happy. they've all got something, but tony is most certainly not happy - but things are looking up for most of them somehow. still, junior's fading into obsolescence and silvio's lying in a coma means there's still pain and depression in Tony's life.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-10-2007, 10:23 PM

The Godfather thing is exactly what I thought of when the guy walked into the bathroom...obviously an intentional reference??
Old 06-10-2007, 10:25 PM

All three endings filmed will be on the DVD, released by Christmas. Pre-order now. Nice little experiment.

also, the fact that even though everything is ok on the surface, tony is still in a heightened stage of paranoia, its only a natural reaction after something like what he just went through, there is no way he isnt looking out over his shoulder still, adn would notice something like a couple of out of place black dudes, or the italian guy.

Also lost in all of this was Carmela's clear loathing for Tony's angling for sympathy with his new therapist. She sees it as attention-grabbing, nothing more.

Tony ran through it like it was a prepared speech, also.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:26 PM

I only know that usualy when a scene fades to black like that someone has been shot. It normaly fades back in with either the person waking up or from someone elses perspective. It even made that sound. Go watch Tupac Reserection when he gets shot in NY exact same kinda effect only the movie brings us back. Am I the only one that sees this as a hit on Tony.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tony is Dead

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, I just dont think you guys are right. really, I think its leading you to believe what you want. the mafia doesnt hit people in front of their whole family like that, unless they absolutely cant help it, it just doesnt happen (phil was a special case becuase he was in hiding and any chance is a good one). so I believed it was us that were being tense and showing us some of our stereotypical views. Ie, just becuase there was an italian looking dude, or a couple black guys, doesnt mean they were there for tony.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats exactly how they killed tony's father full circle. he never saw it comming
Old 06-10-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

janice is just like her mother - even though she claims she's not, she right away said something incredibly livia-like (forget what that was).
etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember the exact words, but something along the lines of "And do I ever get any thanks for it?"

[/ QUOTE ]

this reminds me that i also liked the part with aj talking to carmela at the dinner table, wearing a wife beater, robe, gold chain and saying "always with the drama." mirror image of tony.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:28 PM

LOL. Lame ending to a show that has been lame for years. We've been played for suckers as they'll make hundreds of millions in the movie that will be another 2 hours of nothing happening and totally unsatisfying.

At what point did this show go from plot driven perfection to some weak attempt at a dialogue driven melodrama.

I am so glad this show is over. I am tired of caring about characters that we are supposed to swoon over because David Grey or whatever his name is thinks they say clever things.

Bring back the Wire where we have closure and strong character AND plot driven episodes.

RIP Sopranos. You won't be missed.