Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2006, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Cheap Way To Mark My Chips

Horse [censored]. 10% to $4 doesn't cover your expenses. 10% to $4 in a home game is highway robbery. If I were invited to join this game, not only would I probably back out when I see the rake in action, I'd seriously consider ratting you out just on principle.

What are your expenses... two or three cases of beer and maybe a couple pizzas every night? Surely that could be covered by a $1 or $2 drop that stops when you've made back your actual costs for the night?

I get the feeling you're using the rake to recoup your losses in this game, when what you really should do is sell off your chips and tables and let someone else who actually cares about the game for reasons other than a 500% return on costs run it for a change. Are your players just stupid, or are they so rich that they truly don't care about $100 leaving the table every hour?
Old 06-11-2006, 06:29 PM

Yeah, I went a little crazy. I had the pink chips and I wanted something for an ante when we play low limit 7-stud, but i also use these are tourney chips so I decided to make them for all three. I wanted to try to stick with a standard system that uses pink chips for 250 or 2.50.
-J
Old 06-11-2006, 07:37 PM

Here are some scans of my other set. Enjoy.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:39 PM

Justin,

How have the stickers held up over time and table play? One of the online vendors suggest spraying the labels with a product called "Preserver It" sold by Krylon. Did you use any kind of a spray coating on the labels before you affixed them to the chips?
Old 06-11-2006, 07:48 PM

Eh a few of them have gotten messed up, mainly because the chip rack is a little tight and we have to force the last one in each row of twenty. Otherwise they have held up fine. I didnt use any spray coating because it would be a big job (putting the stickers on 5000+ chips was job enough) plus it would make them slightly thicker and they were tight in the racks as it is. Plus I dont like chemical fumes. Neither do my parrots.

-J
Old 06-11-2006, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh a few of them have gotten messed up, mainly because the chip rack is a little tight and we have to force the last one in each row of twenty. Otherwise they have held up fine. I didnt use any spray coating because it would be a big job (putting the stickers on 5000+ chips was job enough) plus it would make them slightly thicker and they were tight in the racks as it is. Plus I dont like chemical fumes. Neither do my parrots.

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what backyards, parking lots, and other outdoor locations are meant for.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:00 PM

Yeah, but with 5000+ chips it would take at least a few cans of the stuff and I'd be out in the backyard so long and still inhaling some fumes and harming the environment and plus my chips were already snug and then i'd have to let them dry then dust and debris might get in the stuff while its drying so I opted to just leave them as they are.
They have stood up pretty well, too.

-J