Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 05:01 AM

Default Dedicated to BigBadBabar...

This post probably belongs in BBV or the LC thread, but I don't mind if a mod wants to move/delete this after BBB has seen this...

These graphs represent my return to online poker since the 1-year hiatus in the post-Party era mainly at 2/4 and 3/6 FR with some 5/10 mixed in.

This one is June-August:

This one is since September 1st:

Obviously, I could just be running hot for 4,000 hands, but I like to think that it had more to do with the leak fixing I did with BBB during my break. This is a testament to that you can find people on 2p2 who can really help your game. Thanks Babar.

Also, special thanks to NinaWilliams and Jeffage, for without their support I would not have been able to survive my 100BB(and counting?) live-Midstakes downswing.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:07 AM

Default Re: Dedicated to BigBadBabar...

Agreed. BBB is by far the most improved player I know. His succinct analysis is outstanding. I'm a huge fan.

QueBob
Old 09-22-2007, 08:18 AM

How about posting what some of those leaks were and how you fixed them?
Old 09-22-2007, 02:43 PM

ben, <3.

never gonna give you up.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ben, <3.

never gonna give you up.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

never gonna let you down
Old 09-22-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about posting what some of those leaks were and how you fixed them?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-22-2007, 04:11 PM

Leaks:
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]I was defending/completing too liberally in the blinds, both in multiway pots and HU. I would defend nearly any 2 getting 9:1, any was also too liberal HU in steal spots.
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]My WTSD was too low(24%!?) and my aggression on all streets was too high meaning that I was raise/folding too much when I should have just called down TPTK.
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]My flop aggression was way too high (4+) meaning that I was raising too often for free cards and would get punished with 3bets coming back to me, check-raising too much OOP when I should have played passively and called down and let villains bluff.
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]I was stealing too liberally from the CO/HJ when there were still loose players who would coldcall. or aggro players who would 3-bet me light. I was stealing too much in those spots and not enough on the button.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]I was stealing too liberally from the CO/HJ when there were still loose players who would coldcall. or aggro players who would 3-bet me light. I was stealing too much in those spots and not enough on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had the same problem. If you don't practice great seat selection, you need to pay attention to this one. If you're going to be cold called and have to play out of position, you need to adjust appropriately. You can't just say I'm in steal position.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, special thanks to NinaWilliams and Jeffage, for without their support I would not have been able to survive my 100BB(and counting?) live-Midstakes downswing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeffage's life is one great big downswing, if anyone can relate to a 100BB+ downswing live its him (and me, but I am not in AC anymore) - he is a fantastic player and a great guy. My solution was to stop playing midstakes live, I couldn't mentally fade the variance because I don't play enough. Online I play enough that swings don't phase me provided I am playing well.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had the same problem. If you don't practice great seat selection, you need to pay attention to this one. If you're going to be cold called and have to play out of position, you need to adjust appropriately. You can't just say I'm in steal position.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice point.