Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2006, 08:02 PM

Default 99 UB 3/6

I usually don't play this high but there is one of my favorite players in the game. I am dealt 99 UTG in a 6 handed game. The CO cold calls and I've watched this game/datamined this game quite a bit and have never seen him, so he's an unknown. Folded to the BB(who is the softspot) and he calls.
Flop is K52r...BB cks, I bet, CO raises, BB folds and I...
Old 04-11-2006, 08:03 PM

Default Re: 99 UB 3/6

3 bet and bet-fold the turn. im guessing against an unknown cold caller youre looking at some sort of play more often than a K. if he had a K he should usually 3 bet preflop 6 handed. this looks more like QJ nothing or some sort of A5 or 44 hand.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 bet and bet-fold the turn. im guessing against an unknown cold caller youre looking at some sort of play more often than a K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's pretend I did this...If he just calls the turn what am I doing on the river(given the boards is pretty blah). Ck/calling..bet/folding..bet/calling...spots like this get me a little flustered.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:21 PM

Procecde with no caution, poker is game of knowledge of your opponent. You said you really have no knowledge of what your opponent has. You being out of postion really hurts here. Why not raise preflop then bet raise the flop. It might give you a better idea of his holding.(or did u raise preflop). Id play like a manic vs this unkown player and bet raise the turn. If you get rasied on the river well then that sucks you pay him off and remember how the action went. Id play it like a mainic vs a unknown, put the hammer down, you will pick up valuable info for future pots. IE.how hard will he push low pair weak Ace or K-paint.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:30 PM

bet he's probably some retard calling down w/ something he shouldnt have played. even if you have no K your image will be of someone who bets thin so they will call you when you have AK as well.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Procecde with no caution, poker is game of knowledge of your opponent. You said you really have no knowledge of what your opponent has. You being out of postion really hurts here. Why not raise preflop then bet raise the flop. It might give you a better idea of his holding.(or did u raise preflop). Id play like a manic vs this unkown player and bet raise the turn. If you get rasied on the river well then that sucks you pay him off and remember how the action went. Id play it like a mainic vs a unknown, put the hammer down, you will pick up valuable info for future pots. IE.how hard will he push low pair weak Ace or K-paint.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raised Preflop and the unknown called the 2 bets. I bet the flop and he raised...You think I should just keep the pedal to the metal?
Old 04-11-2006, 08:39 PM

I dont quite follow, whos the retard, poster or the the oponent? Now that I reread the orginal post it looks like he rasied preflop. Why cant we give the other guy criedt for KJ KQ K 10 hell maybe AK. The later is doubtfull though. Im still putting max bet on ever ST. just the one time aganist a unknown. Looks pretty cut and dry to me eithere you have him or u dont, if he played K junk and floped two pair well more power him.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont quite follow, whos the retard, poster or the the oponent? Now that I reread the orginal post it looks like he rasied preflop. Why cant we give the other guy criedt for KJ KQ K 10 hell maybe AK. The later is doubtfull though. Im still putting max bet on ever ST. just the one time aganist a unknown. Looks pretty cut and dry to me eithere you have him or u dont, if he played K junk and floped two pair well more power him.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...I'm in first position and Raise....He is 2 spots behind me(CO) and he calls my raise. The BB(retard) also calls. The flop is Kxx and I bet and the guy who called 2 bets before the flop raises...the retard in the bb folds ...
Old 04-11-2006, 08:44 PM

Not a reponce to ur post but mikes, he called someone a retard calling with junk.