Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: $3 Million Downsizing.............

100M romo? your special... do you think he plays games on a regular basis with a 2 mill buy in? cmon now just cause you could bust through 100+buy ins if you could afford it doesn't mean sb will
Old 07-24-2007, 05:29 PM

Bustedromo you are wasting your breath. This site is geared up towards the aba/SBrugby fantasy. That way they get more people to sign up to sites with 2p2 as affiliates etc. I personally agree with you, he shows no BR management at all IF he is full tilt busto.

You cant say a bad word against him on here. Even if he went totally busto and ended up in the gutter the morons on here would still tell you he meant to do that or something
Old 07-24-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I want to stay on top for the forseeable future and I realize that there are going to be younger, hungrier, and smarter players that are going to come along and challenge me. I am going to need to constantly improve my game to stay ahead of these players (Just look at the big winners in the NLH games on FTP I am one of the oldest). I remain dedicated to studying and to keep learning the game even if I think I am the best because there will be others who come along who will challenge me. I will not let complacency or any of the aforementioned vices be my downfall."

This just shows that Brian certainly has an ego problem/ personality defect"

There is so much stupid in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I am stupid but I think that this king of the jungle view of the poker arena, where he is so concerned about being knocked off of his pedestal, is dangerous indeed.

Maybe I'm wrong and this is the attitude that most life-long pro-poker players have.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:49 PM

"That way they get more people to sign up to sites with 2p2 as affiliates etc."

Are you suggesting that 2p2 is an affiliate of cardrunners?
Old 07-24-2007, 05:55 PM

R,

"For those taking that extra mile i can only think alternative motives are in play than merely serving out the contract. Of course these are my thoughts, not my claims."

You missed my point. I have no idea what he is "obligated" to do or anything like that re: his involvement w/ CR, nor do I care. I was just pointing out that it makes perfect business sense for Brian to make a blog that is very compelling and drives traffic to CardRunners.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
retard.com

[/ QUOTE ]
nice
Old 07-24-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I only found 2+2 when I started asking about who the hell this Aba guy was. It's a dream scenario for 2+2 - their own forum guy starts grinding $0.5\$1 limit and a year later he is bringing in millions and losing million dollar pots at the highest stakes.

It speaks volumes for the site and the content. i.e if he can do it, I can do it stuff.

And you click the banners and sign up throuigh the forum you frequent most surely? (therefore aba brings regulars to the forum that then sign up using referral codes from 2p2)

I just dont think anyone is allowed to criticise the guy. Despite the growing size of his head in his biggest downswing ever.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:31 PM

hey it's just aba is one of us, he's part of the big 2+2 family.

Don't betray the family man
Old 07-24-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
R,

"For those taking that extra mile i can only think alternative motives are in play than merely serving out the contract. Of course these are my thoughts, not my claims."

You missed my point. I have no idea what he is "obligated" to do or anything like that re: his involvement w/ CR, nor do I care. I was just pointing out that it makes perfect business sense for Brian to make a blog that is very compelling and drives traffic to CardRunners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay cool, well i think i can agree with you on that one, although practically speaking i doubt how much incentive his CardRunner-paycheck has for him in his current financial situation (wich i figure to be still in the millions) to make the blog as sweet and updated as it is.

However, i have no clue how big a cardrunner-paycheck really is nor would i dispute that there could be alternate motives for him to want CardRunners to succeed besides just making money out of it.

All in all, i guess we're pretty much on the same page though [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I only found 2+2 when I started asking about who the hell this Aba guy was. It's a dream scenario for 2+2 - their own forum guy starts grinding $0.5\$1 limit and a year later he is bringing in millions and losing million dollar pots at the highest stakes.

It speaks volumes for the site and the content. i.e if he can do it, I can do it stuff.

And you click the banners and sign up throuigh the forum you frequent most surely? (therefore aba brings regulars to the forum that then sign up using referral codes from 2p2)

I just dont think anyone is allowed to criticise the guy. Despite the growing size of his head in his biggest downswing ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

The vast majority of the banners you see are not 2p2 affl links. To the best of my knowledge 2p2 hasn't been an affiliate for anything until this most recent venture into european markets.

If you understood anything about how 2p2 works, you'd see how laughable your notion is.