Old 09-07-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Problem with husband of friend - need advice please

[ QUOTE ]
1) make movie
2) sell to lifetime/Oxygen/WE
3) ??????
4) $$$

[/ QUOTE ]

Do some Googling on OP's sn and you'll find out just how interesting that movie could be (read the idol-paranormal thread, notice the timeline of the last post, watch the youtube vid, follow the university email address and google the IM address listed next to it).

I'd be willing to bet at this point OP is a 23-year old drag queen from S.C. pretending to be a middle-aged divorce in Connecticut. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I don't feel real good about doing this. But when you throw out an incredible story like this, I think you become fair game for some research. I alluded to this stuff in my previous post to give OP some chance to come clean etc. But no reply and this is just too juicy.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:39 PM

Hi All,

I am back on and caught up. I don't want to keep defending the OP. The bottom line is that I am a fairly private person and didn't want to talk to anyone about this as it was embarrassing to me. I do like the anonymity of the internet.

I took most of the advice (appreciated) by telling the wife what happened, and I also let a friend out of state have the info just in case. I know a lot of people will think its wrong, but I considerered it strongly and decided not to go to the police. I just really don't think I could handle that. Also, what it would seem like at this point (IMO) is that I was making it up AFTER the fact and after the wife confronted me.

Just an FYI, the Idol posts are all mine, I have had some paranormal stuff happen but didn't want to post it here. The other stuff isn't me. Some people will and some people won't believe it, I am not going to knock myself out trying to convince people who have decided its a gimmick account.

I honestly don't see what is so unbelievable about my friend going away, her husband grabbing me and making a pass, and then him being a jerk the next day? Anyway, thanks to all who gave advice.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:41 PM

Dude, Suzzer outed you. You're a guy. Google says so.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:18 PM

No. The one connection I can't quite make is the Carolina->Connecticut one. Does seem a little odd that the Carolina dude is a drag queen, and we keep thinking OP is saying stuff the way a man might if they were pretending to be a woman. Not to mention all the other weird drama and OP's constant joking admissions that she is crazy.

I'm willing to give OP the benefit of the doubt that she is not the Carolina drag queen.

But I still think it's interesting that one Idol post where you said you smelled cigarette smoke was made the morning after you were supposedly attacked. Did both things happen in the same night? Or were you making something up for one of the two forums?
Old 09-07-2007, 01:39 PM

Hi Suzzer,

If you reread that post, it says I smelled cigarette smoke again. It wasn't the first time. I have the 2 boards I post and read on, this one and the Idol one. I wouldn't post the paranormal stuff here, or start a thread about it. I don't think its something that would be taken seriously on a poker forum.

I also think the Idol boards have a majority of younger/teen people so I wouldn't post about a serious topic for advice there. Thats the difference between the boards, I think some stuff could be posted there and some here. If I were going to make up a story I think I could have made it more interesting than "my friends husband grabbed my arm". I just realized, I defended myself again when I said I wasn't going to.

Either way, its cool - I came here for advice and got some really good suggestions. Once again, thanks to all that helped.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:44 PM

"kneed him in the balls" lol
Old 09-07-2007, 01:59 PM

You definitely should tell your friend.

You should also probably file a police complaint. When he blocked the door and grabbed you, he crossed the line between being a douchebag and being a criminal. I think the call is an act of desperation. My guess is he thinks his wife will believe you and is hoping to scare you into not telling her.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 PM

DMC, thank you for your explanations. I don't want to take up any more of your time.

But... I do have just one more question. Did the cigarette smoke thing happen before you left to go over to your friend's house, or after you got back?

Old 09-07-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is also the option of calling him on the phone and recording the convosation so that you have proof to give his wife, should you decide to tell her.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that this is illegal and, if it ever comes down to it, inadmissable in court. Not to mention you can be charged for recording a phone conversation without consent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm most definitely not a lawyer, but my understanding is that in some states it is perfectly legal to record a phone conversation you are a party to, without the consent of the other party, but in some states the consent of both parties is required, or that it is at least required to inform the other party that you are recording the conversation. You should definitely find out what the law is in your state before recording any conversation.

Under normal circumstances, I would say that courtesy would demand that you inform the other before recording, but under these circumstances, if it's legal I would have no qualms about trying to get the SOB to dig himself a really big hole.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:09 PM

LOL Suzzer - after. Seriously, though, I see the boards like different friends, if I can use that analogy. With some friends, you might ask them for advice about a job situation, but you know you can't talk to them about a family problem or relationship for example. Others, you can talk to them about family and relationship stuff, but not job stuff. If you are still background checking me, why not check out my posts about adopting the 2 cats. Interesting and heartwarming if I do say so myself. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]