Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: unethical to exploit disconnected player?

They might not think of it right away, and you should def. start bleeding him since he could come back, but 1 BB seems terrible to me. Eventually, theyre goin to realize "all i have to do is push or limp and hes out!" Like i said, start bleeding so A.) they dont realize what youre doing and B.) hes got almost no chance to come back, but dont destroy him right away.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:16 AM

Well I'd bleed the guy down a little but not too much.

This isn't against the rules...as for ethical decide for yourself. However, this is pretty close to how you should be playing even if the guy wasn't disconnected. Him being disconnected just makes it that much easier...I always loved it the few times this happened to me. Shoving every hand and knowing they can't call is wonderful.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:56 AM

raise that [censored] up, money is money

Old 07-13-2007, 06:19 AM

you dont think they wouldnt steal your chips if u dc`d ? go ahead and take them....take them!
Old 07-13-2007, 09:56 AM

I ran into this issue last night on FTP. They had some type of system outage that affected some but not all players. I was knocked out of two tables and couldn't reconnect for about 45 minutes. Fortunately I was ITM on both tables. However, on one of the tables, the other two players were able to continue, so I was blinded out in 3rd. On the other table I was heads up and the other player was knocked out too. When I was able to get back on FTP my heads-up match had been stopped by FTP and resumed about 3 minutes after I connected. The other player didn't come back, so I raised each hand until he/she was blinded out. So I guess it was a wash... I was $%#@'ed on one table but took advantage of the situation on the other. To bengiec's point... money is money!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:07 AM

i do it all the time and u dont need to keep him at 5bbs
Old 07-13-2007, 10:34 AM

Being disconnected is one of the hazards of online poker and if I'm disconnected, I would not expect anyone to softplay me. And there's no way I would let a small stack sitting out somehow get ITM.

I think a better question might be is it unethical to discuss with other players about setting up an auto-raise/fold system to make blinding out the player quicker in case he comes back.

I was in a very interesting situation in a freeroll MTT. You had to qualify for this tourney a long time in advance and it turned out that a lot of players didn't even bother using their tickets. So the first table I was at I began to notice that only two other players were actually playing hands. The other 7 were auto-folding. The site was Paradise so it didn't indicate they were disconnected or sitting out. You had to figure it out yourself.

Anyways, the three of entered an agreement such that we would each take an orbit of blinds in turn. This allowed us to get through hands very quickly. In about one half hour, we managed to distribute about 80% of the sitting out player's chips amongst the three of us before I was moved to another table.

I feel so dirty.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:27 PM

lol zomg u scoundral ! :P good plan tho tbh, if they not there why bother letting have chips!
Old 07-13-2007, 02:22 PM

Lol at thinking players are smart. Many times I have seen people go multiple rounds or even get knocked out not realizing they can limp to end it, don't give people credit. 2BBs then..

You also need to plan for the disconnected player to come back in which case you want him to have as little chips as possible.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:27 PM

Of course its not unethical to screw the situation for every chip u can get.

Spending time starting a thread on the best strategy to do it though...