Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2006, 10:21 PM

Default Doyles Room

i did a search but didnt find anything...i just deposited on doyles room, is there anywhere i can track the progress of my bonus? or even make sure i got it? I dont see anything in the cashier or anywhere else on the site.

thanks
Old 02-20-2006, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Doyles Room

your action points int the cashier will tell you how much rake you've accumulated.

1 point = 1 cent.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your action points int the cashier will tell you how much rake you've accumulated.

1 point = 1 cent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean 1 point for each cent in rake or the bonus releases 1 cent per point?

Also, do you know how many points you get for each $1 spent in tourney fees?

Thier website only says, 'The more you bet the more action points you accumulate.' Gee thanks. I contacted support to ask and they have never replied after 2 emails and 1 week. If they can't/won't answer that question then I'm not confident that they could handle a 'real' problem adequately.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:43 PM

I too am annoyed at the total vagueness of their bonus-structure.

I'll probably try it out....but they stand a much better chance of keeping my business if I could find more details about it on their site (I couldn't).
Old 02-22-2006, 03:31 PM

I've been playing for a week now and although it is vague, the best I can figure in my experience is that each penny of rake = 1 point. That is, you don't have to be dealt into the hand, and the rake is not divided by the number of players to determine your particular points. The fact that the one solid piece of information they provide, that the greatest number of points you can earn in a hand is 300, also leads me to my theory above.

I haven't asked a manager, but if you grab the client, you can do a live chat with a real person and see if that helps more than e-mail.

9000 points down, 156,000 until my $550 bonus, wheeee.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:56 PM

okay.

actually I was just going to play there a little bit like you did and see if I could figure it out.

a better way to go about definitely finding out about it would be to put your affiliate to the test.
tell him/her that you absolutely want to know. and then let them deal with the headache of getting them to respond.

But again, instead of live-chat or asking my affiliate to do it for me I think I'll just play there and see how quickly it clears for myself.

This bonus is way low on my priority-list anyway (I think the bonus never expires).
Old 02-22-2006, 05:26 PM

i feel like there is 3 standards of the bonus...
1point =1 cent so i believe that on the site it says 100 action points clear 1 dollar. Some sites offer i think such as bonus whores is 125 actions and i beleive the $550 ends up being over a 20x bonus. The one on pokerlisting offers a 660 for 132000 points.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:21 PM

this what I call a 'proportional contributed rake' system. Action network in Canada does a similar structure as Tribeca. here's how it works:

a) you must contribute, blind or ante into the pot to count.
b) the percentage of the pot which is your money at the end of the hand, that the the same percentage of action points you will receive based on the rake collected for that same hand.
c) each Action point represents 1 cent of contributed rake.

so lets say a pot reaches $24 at the end and is raked $1, and you put in $8 out of that $24 (33.3%), then you should receive 33.3 action points. if you fold one of the blinds to a raise preflop, you'll get a miniscule amount of points. if you fold preflop without being a blind, you receive zero points.

this system obviously clears fastest in higher limit games, particularly shorthanded. also note that the number of action points required per $1 of bonus is important. the doyle's "old" bonus of 35% up to $135 needs 100x points per bonus $1, so it's 100% contributed rakeback. the so-called "super" bonus of 110% up to $550 requires 200x points per bonus $1 which is 50% rakeback.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:36 PM

So its really not that hard to clear? like its not a 20x bonus?
Old 02-22-2006, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So its really not that hard to clear? like its not a 20x bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]
it's completely limit dependent. use the clear chart on BW.