Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 01:08 AM

Default the way the poker room near me in florida is gonna do it

i went to my local florida poker room and asked the room manager how he was gonna do the no limit. he told me that he is gonna probably do a 2-5 list and a 1-2 list.there will be a time charge of either 5 or 6 every half hour plus a dollar jackpot drop. if this is what they decide then its still a [censored] joke. 2-5 with 100 in chips? are they so much [censored] [censored] to do this? i suggested to keep a rake instead of time and stay with 1-2 but all they want to do is [censored] florida poker players in the ass.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:29 AM

Default Re: the way the poker room near me in florida is gonna do it

[ QUOTE ]
i suggested to keep a rake instead of time and stay with 1-2 but all they want to do is [censored] florida poker players in the ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically, nothing is changing in what Flordida is giving the players, other than something lodged in the buttox. KK. This is why I use to stick to the boats when I lived there (other than the sunbathing of course [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )
Old 05-19-2007, 01:57 AM

What is your local room?

I hope the one near me (JCKC) doesn't follow a similar path. I am hoping for their regular (still ridiculous rake) of 10% up to $5 and the blinds to be 1/2. Even then it will be a rare occurrence for me to go.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:01 AM

jefferson county kennel club. it would seem to me that they will all do the same. i think it might be better off playing $5 limit if they keep rake there at $4 a pot.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:59 AM

you mean to tell me that i played all friggen thursday and did not know that they raised the rake to [censored] 5 [censored] dollars every [censored] pot?
Old 05-19-2007, 10:14 AM

Are you saying you asked at JCKC? I tried to email them to find out what they were going to spread. What exactly do you not like? I would think that the 2/5 is the limit game( which shouldn't have a cap) and the 1/2 is NL. Yea, I wish the cap was higher but thats not up to them.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:30 AM

I think the 2/5 they're talking about is limit. But I know Dania Jai Alai here in Florida is planning the same thing. $6 per half-hour on both limit and NL. On NL, you will only be able to rebuy when you go bust or on the half-hour dealer change.

My enthusiasm for the new poker in Florida is tempered. I think it's going to be the same as the old poker -- not worth playing.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:14 PM

I think it will be somewhat better. I think you will be able to make a small profit. We will have to see how each room handles reloading. You can always keep a few reds in the pocket for so the you don't have to waste the dealers time. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2007, 07:58 PM

will be moving to Florida soon it looks like.

Either Panama City or Tallahassee area most likely.

Appears there's a place called Ebro that has 20 tables that is kind of near Panama City.
And a place called Monticello with the Jefferson County Kennel Club which is kind of near Tallahassee.

Can't wait to try out these $6/half-hour games myself!!
Woo-hoo!!

LOL Overrakeaments
Old 05-19-2007, 10:33 PM

they are gonna spread a 2-5 no limit game. I know the poker room manager very well.