Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 01:15 AM

Default Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
heh I missed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ok. I'll have it up on YouTube soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...91565012624048

there it is
Old 05-23-2007, 07:57 AM

This is the first politician that I have ever really liked! It is just horrible that the party base seems brainwashed and will probably not vote for him. For example I asked my dad, a long time republican, what he thought about Ron Paul. My dad said that he thinks he is crazy. This is mostly due to the fact that my dad listens to people like Sean Hanity. I think that this will be Ron Pauls biggest hurddle.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:21 AM

lol, when I was a youngin my mom used to listen to him on the radio and just yell at him. Probably the most irritating car ride home from school ever. Although its not bad compared to the car ride home in which the parent smacks the kid on the way.

Sean Hanity seems to be one of the biggest morons in the country, hopefully he eats some bad food and dies soon.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everytime a mainstream idea is repeated however, the speaker is able to draw on the previous programming of the listener to respond to the ideas. So really if a propagandist gives a 5 minute speech, and a gadfly gives a 5 minute speech, it still isn't equal. What's actually happening is the propagandist is giving a 20 year speech, and the gadfly is still giving his 5 minute speech.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the best observations I have ever seen on this forum. Kudos.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, when I was a youngin my mom used to listen to him on the radio and just yell at him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm embarrassed to say that I do the same thing. I've found that if I tune him in and call him a [censored] idiot all the way home, I feel better. I guess he's the moronic radio host equivalent to a stress ball.

The bad news is that I'm adding to his listener base when I do this. The good news is I don't give a damn about any of his sponsors, and boycott them all out of principle.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the first politician that I have ever really liked! It is just horrible that the party base seems brainwashed and will probably not vote for him. For example I asked my dad, a long time republican, what he thought about Ron Paul. My dad said that he thinks he is crazy. This is mostly due to the fact that my dad listens to people like Sean Hanity. I think that this will be Ron Pauls biggest hurddle.

[/ QUOTE ]

by any chance, did your dad mention which candidate he does support?

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel sorry for this guy because it's simply not possible for him to make the points that he wants to make in the time he is alloted. It's even worse when someone like Bill Maher hops around to different very complex topics like THE CIVIL WAR and global warming. That said, Paul did a good job of encapsulating sophisticated ideas into few words.

If you'll notice, this happens to people like Chomsky too. Chomsky talks about how it's actually a good tactic for the corporate media to occasionally throw on a legitimate alternate viewpoint, because no matter how eloquent the person is, they're going to sound like lunatics.

Everytime a mainstream idea is repeated however, the speaker is able to draw on the previous programming of the listener to respond to the ideas. So really if a propagandist gives a 5 minute speech, and a gadfly gives a 5 minute speech, it still isn't equal. What's actually happening is the propagandist is giving a 20 year speech, and the gadfly is still giving his 5 minute speech.

Conclusion: the media is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
Old 05-23-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone I know posted this. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy Krishna! She was on B O' RLY.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone I know posted this. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your wife promotes libertarianism AND acid?!?

She's, like, the perfect woman.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

by any chance, did your dad mention which candidate he does support?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mitt Romney