Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 09:31 AM

Default AC to Delaware

Leaving from the Borgata for Newark, DE on the morning of 4/29 - Assuming the best/easiest route to take is ACE -> 42 -> 295 -> 95? Or I guess maybe getting on the NJTP from 42... I dunno, I've only ever driven to Delaware from PA so help me out here...

Any backroads/shortcuts/etc. that will get me there quicker?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: AC to Delaware

[ QUOTE ]
Leaving from the Borgata for Newark, DE on the morning of 4/29 - Assuming the best/easiest route to take is ACE -> 42 -> 295 -> 95? O

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much the only way to go.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:35 AM

Cape May-Lewes Ferry!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:22 AM

When I did this drive the other direction, I followed signs that told me (once I crossed the Delaware River Memorial Bridge) to take US-40 towards AC, cutting off most most of the NJ Turnpike and the AC Expressway. This took absolutely forever. According to Google Maps, this route is 13 miles shorter than the one you propose, but 23 minutes longer.

So, I recommend against this shortcut.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I did this drive the other direction, I followed signs that told me (once I crossed the Delaware River Memorial Bridge) to take US-40 towards AC, cutting off most most of the NJ Turnpike and the AC Expressway. This took absolutely forever. According to Google Maps, this route is 13 miles shorter than the one you propose, but 23 minutes longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, following Rt 40 goes through a lot of small towns mostly on a 1 lane each way road. Lots of lights. This route is good if you know the turnpike/295/ACE is backed up, like when everyone is leaving AC on Sunday. But only in that case should this way be taken.

There are about 11 Wawa's though on the way, so if you like wawa, there you go.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:10 PM

I am from Newark, so here it is.

AC expressway to exit 3 (black horse pike i think) pick up the NJ turn pike going south. Over the delaware memorial bridge picking up i-95 south. get off exit #3 273 towards newark. that will take you right to Main St.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:19 PM

ACE to 42, get off at gloucester exit (exit right after the road splits for walt whitman and ben franklin bridge, stay on the Franklin (right lanes) side, [(http://www.njfreeways.com/NJNJ-42NSFPictures.html), sorry couldnt get the picture in the post, last picture on the left hand side at the bottom is the split, stay right at the split and it's the exit right after the 295 north exit, the offramp for 295 N is in the far right lane, which you cant miss), 1 mi. past 295 N is the gloucester exit, make a left at top of ramp, immed. over the overpass make a right, you will be on 42 S, get all the way over in the left line 1 1/2 mi. down, 295 S onramp, take that to Del. Mem. Bridge, 95 S to Newark. I can make this trip in about hour and 15 mins.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:06 PM

Thanks for the information everyone, very helpful for my trip.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:22 PM

My old route for when I was living in Wilmington:
AC Exp to 295-N, do a U-turn for 295-S and take Commodore Barry Bridge onto 95-S.

My new route for AC to Bear (near Newark):
AC Exp to 295-N, do a U-turn for 295-S and follow across Delaware Memorial Bridge. Hop onto 40 or 95 or whatever you want depending on where you want to go from there.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, following Rt 40 goes through a lot of small towns mostly on a 1 lane each way road. Lots of lights. This route is good if you know the turnpike/295/ACE is backed up, like when everyone is leaving AC on Sunday. But only in that case should this way be taken.

There are about 11 Wawa's though on the way, so if you like wawa, there you go.

[/ QUOTE ]
I avoid 40 at all costs. It takes longer than going up and around via 295, plus it eats more gas since it's stop and go traffic a lot of the way.