Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Tour Championship

[ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that Tiger cheated somewhere? At least let us know what you're talking about rather than just putting up 2 words like a punk.

[/ QUOTE ]
My guess is that he's either going to reference The Open this year when he got a drop from cables on 10 or the instance we discussed recently when he got a drop from the roof way right and long on 9. In both cases officials determined he was entitled to a free drop so Tiger is off the hook.

BO
Old 09-17-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I missed this, so had to look it up. For others who missed it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gifW57c6X34

I think it's close enough that if Woody says it wasn't a stroke, I'm going to believe him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should watch it at full speed. The slow motion gives the impression that he could've been placing the club behind the ball tap it in. At full speed it looks conclusive to me (that he swung at it).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my feeling exactly. Is there any source for a full speed video of this?
Old 09-17-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that Tiger cheated somewhere? At least let us know what you're talking about rather than just putting up 2 words like a punk.

[/ QUOTE ]
My guess is that he's either going to reference The Open this year when he got a drop from cables on 10 or the instance we discussed recently when he got a drop from the roof way right and long on 9. In both cases officials determined he was entitled to a free drop so Tiger is off the hook.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

no he cheated, 61 victories at the age of 31 means he definitely had to have cheated. he probably cheated in every one of those events.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

no he cheated, 61 victories at the age of 31 means he definitely had to have cheated. he probably cheated in every one of those events.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one slight instance I can think of, off the top of my head, was early in his career when a group of spectators moved a big rock out of the way of one of his shots. The PGA allowed it and, then I think there was some sort of rule change soon after to make that officially legal. Memory is a bit fuzzy on the whole thing though.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The one slight instance I can think of, off the top of my head, was early in his career when a group of spectators moved a big rock out of the way of one of his shots. The PGA allowed it and, then I think there was some sort of rule change soon after to make that officially legal. Memory is a bit fuzzy on the whole thing though.

[/ QUOTE ]
It took place in Phoenix in a scrub area. The rock(boulder) was in fact a loose impediment and Tiger expertly applied the appropriate rule to such and (had it) moved.

BO
Old 09-17-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It took place in Phoenix in a scrub area. The rock(boulder) was in fact a loose impediment and Tiger expertly applied the appropriate rule to such and (had it) moved.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's not remotely cheating, in fact it's a tributre to his knowledge of the rules. Side note: I was out there that day and also a friend of mine was one of the guys who helped push the boulder and you can see him in the video and he ended up in a picture in SI. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 12:19 AM

So I saw a stat in some article that Tiger has now won 15 of his last 31 tour events. So gross. I mean, that's like totally unpossible.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BO

[/ QUOTE ]
well my guess would be that he is referring to the time when Tiger did almost the exact same as Woody did and didn't call a penalty on himself and wasn't pulled on it so at least we know it's the same rules for everyone on tour [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BO

[/ QUOTE ]
well my guess would be that he is referring to the time when Tiger did almost the exact same as Woody did and didn't call a penalty on himself and wasn't pulled on it so at least we know it's the same rules for everyone on tour [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Link or video?
Old 09-26-2007, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Link or video?

[/ QUOTE ]
Can't find one as this happened about 3-4 years ago but everyone on here is as big a golf fan as they claim to be someone will remember it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]