Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Any of you played on Svenska Spel, the Swedish state-run site?

Affiliates don't have your bankroll, account, in their name. Tour only trusteing them with your rakeback.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:59 PM

I wish my aunt still lived in Sweden. I know a few people there but not very well. Maybe I will try trusting them with lots of money anyway.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:36 PM

Ok, so I still could play on this site if I wanted to from what I hear. Is it actually worth it over Party or iPoker?
Old 09-04-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So a Swedish guy sets up multiple accounts in the name of friends/relatives who don't play poker and lets some foreigners play on those accounts. Of course, he could be the affiliate on all these high volume accounts as well. He pays his friends/relatives a decent fee each month, and he would also have to handle the cashouts and pay his players directly. Like I said, it would have to be a very honest person, but we all trust are affiliates to pay us, which usually works out fine.

If I was Swedish, I could easily set something like this up.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, there is no affiliate thing on svenska spel, so the only reason why a swede would set up several account
is if he is going to take certain precentages of the winnings.
Your personal id is not exactly something you give away to your friends unless youre utterly brandead (There are some risks involved. It may be possible to order a credit card or even take a bank loan in a persons name if you know it.) so there only remains close relatives who trust you 100%.
There migth be some ip-problems too regarding the multiple accounts, charges for transfering money from svkr to US$ to your players etc etc.
Too me it seems like a lot of trouble for 2,5% lower rake, especially considering that there is already wpex who charges a lot less than svspel does. Im not sure why not more americans and ohers are playing there.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:40 AM

The 2.5% rake is not even as attractive as it sounds, as it's capped at $3 like everywhere else. (OK, it's 20 SEK, which makes $2.90.)
Old 09-04-2007, 06:20 AM

I agree its very soft. If anyone want me to setup a package so you can play please drop me a message with an offer how much you would like to pay yearly. I can get you an account and if you want a computer in Sweden you can play from. After some time I can also give you full access to the bank account so you can manage all transfers yourself, but I rather not do that from the start because of the different crimes that can be committed with help of a bank account.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:53 AM

I've been living in Sweden since April. The Personal number you are talking about is just your DOB.

the fact that its in SEK and not american dollars could turn some of you off because you'll have to pay an exchange rate in addition to any other fees when transfering/withdrawing funds.

However, as a professional player traveling around the world myself, i would almost perfer something other than american dollars because its value is going down every year and thats not helping me.

5 tables though? Thats a big turn off, I couldn't justify playing anywhere with less than 12 tables. Plus the site sounds small, i'm sure it'll be hard to get on enough tables at higher stakes anyway. I could get an account here with minium effort, but doesn't seem worth it to me.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been living in Sweden since April. The Personal number you are talking about is just your DOB.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have signed up for a few (non poker related) swedish sites, and when they ask for personal number, I have to put in my DOB in a different order, like YEAR MM DD.
Now it could be different for citizens, but thats what has worked for me while i've been here.

Oh yeah, and when I goto a night club here, I get in for free and they ask me for my personal number to confirm and when I give them my license they look at my DOB.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's in fact only part of your personal number. Unless they are legaly registered in Sweden (and paying taxes) foreigners don't have a full personal number.