Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What was in the suitcases?
$1 bills with $100s on the ends 21 58.33%
Honest-to-God $100 billz 10 27.78%
Green pieces of paper 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: So, we are going to Foxwoods in May

Timmy Ho's had thinner coffee, but holds no less of a fond place in my heart. Their glazed chocolate donuts are +++EV.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tim Horton's is going to run DD out of town.

[/ QUOTE ]

How this turned into a Dunkin Donuts thread I dunno. Hopefully our trip reports will clear that up
\
i weigh in:
TH coffee is not much different than DD and they have less donuts in the selection but I do appreciate the fact that Tims has "real meal food" i.e. soups and sandwiches that aren't just maple flavored sausage biscuits.

DD is all advertising/image by the way. Try drinking the coffee black and you will see the truth.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:37 AM

Black is my preferred state of coffee. Still like DD. There's better out there, don't get me wrong. Local coffeeroasters out here have better coffee. DD/TH just has a fond place in my heart.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Black is my preferred state of coffee. Still like DD. There's better out there, don't get me wrong. Local coffeeroasters out here have better coffee. DD/TH just has a fond place in my heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on this one for the most part. Being in the Pacific NW, I'll easily take a latte because of the ease of customization and bitterness options, but if I'm in a breakfast place and order a cup of coffee, I'm drinking black. Cream and sugar is ridiculous after being spoiled by coconut flavored syrup and foamed milk.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:56 PM

I'll write a trip report piecemeal and post it as I go. Expect part 1 later today.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How this turned into a Dunkin Donuts thread I dunno. Hopefully our trip reports will clear that up
\
i weigh in:
TH coffee is not much different than DD and they have less donuts in the selection but I do appreciate the fact that Tims has "real meal food" i.e. soups and sandwiches that aren't just maple flavored sausage biscuits.

DD is all advertising/image by the way. Try drinking the coffee black and you will see the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim Hortons has the bitterest coffee in the world, and they have kept me alive more than any other beverage after 40 hour sessions.

The only TH I frequent is the one by Foxwoods just before you get to I-95. After a 40 hour session I get a large with milk only. If I start nodding off on the way back to NH, a single sip gags and sputters me back to consciousness.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:51 PM

okay, back from foxwoods like 23 minutes ago, let me just say as a preliminary report that necks were protected, nits were bluffed, donks were taken to value town, and various other things happened as well, all of which i will post about in lots of trip reports starting soon. <3 you all.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:05 PM

Man of Means - the night before
I arrived at FW Thursday night around 7:30 PM and sat at some random 4/8 table. A kid at the other end of the table recognized me from high school. A middle aged but not-bad-looking woman, not in the game, commenced flirtation with some of the guys at the table and gave me a 15-second neck massage. "A little higher please. A little lower...." Her friend had a hook for a hand.

I played tight and followed reads and dumped my KK and AA (neither good) on the turn due to the action. Things like that. I was down $70 and switched to an action table. Then all went to hell in a lotionbasket and who knows how I dropped Four Bills. I'm usually the one on the plus side of "nice kicker" but this time I was showing down T9s vs J9o, JT vs QT, AJ vs AQ (he limped, I raised), Ace-5 high vs A8-high and so on. When I was the one who got into confrontations with the table LAG, he had the goods. I know, I know, call the Waaaambulance. Please. I was demoralized and shaken so finally at 11:00 AM I left the table, ate some El Pollo Loco, went to my car in the parking garage to phone Babar and take a 90-minute degen power-nap.

Dudes Roll In
I met up with the Micro-balla's Friday around 1:30 PM. DrM was wearing some fruity shorts and button down shirt. TPK and Babar got on the list for 4/8 Lolmaha-8 (with half-kill). DavidC was "wearing a douchebag hat in a douchebag manner" -- Party Poker ballcap cocked 50 degrees to the side and 15 degrees vertically. He sat at a nitty 10/20 limit game while myself and DrM got into 2/4 games.

Dinner was at Panera. With BBB, TPK, DrM speaking in their codes people around listening to the conversation must have no idea what anyone was saying. We ate food and I made an ass of myself asking the busgirl for free sandwich vouchers. BBB and TPK argued about optimal Lolmaha strategy. Everyone wanted to know how the Canadian DavidC pronounces "LOL" and other things.

More gambling. I played 4/8 and things went fairly well for the 5 hour session. DrM came over to watch me play my last hand: AQo under the gun. I flopped trips and took an EV-minimizing line, confirming that I suck at poker.

DavidC (possibly drunk) sat at a 1/2 NL table with $300. We left him there not knowing what to expect. We planned to score some taco bell but Mod was tired and wanted to go back to the room. TPK and BBB arrived about an hour later, winning more cash at the highly exploitable Omaha-8 tables.

I was worried for DC because I didn't think he had a room key or any idea to get to the hotel, based on the stories about him getting lost in Vermont...but he made it back all right. He busted in the room at some unknown hour. "I made a grand at 1/2 no limit. Got my set paid off by some fool with top pair third kicker. 3-4 people were calling my $25 raises..." Etc. etc. Tell me again why I play 4/8 limit?

We woke up around 9:30, ate breakfast continental style and played some more poker.

Saturday afternoon when I got home, I shaved my Greenstein beard. I went into the coffee shop where my girlfriend works. "How did it go?" "Some people lose their shirts; I lost my beard."
Old 05-22-2007, 08:27 AM

bump for TRs
Old 05-22-2007, 10:27 AM

MoM,

Nice report. Were you able to undo the damage of the first night, or did you still get taken?