Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 08:33 PM

Default best pokerstars tourny value?

which daily pokerstars tourny offers the best value in hopes of winning a bankroll of 10K or more other then the sunday million or the sunday warmup? In terms of buy-in and starting stacks and blind levels? please only serious answers
Old 02-20-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: best pokerstars tourny value?

[ QUOTE ]
please only serious answers

[/ QUOTE ]
Considering how meaningless your question is I kinda doubt it, but at least there's a chance you'd get better results if you didn't insult your potential responders in advance.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:37 PM

Starting with how much?
Old 02-20-2007, 11:39 PM

$4/180s ftw
Old 02-21-2007, 12:30 AM

probably the non holdem tournaments.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:53 AM

meaningless? let me clarify. i'm not interested in winning 5k if i get lucky i want to win say 12k or more. also I don't want to play with 5000 other players. and I cant aford to play a $200 buy-in every week. as for insulting responders you need to look up the meaning of insulting others as i cant find no insulting anywhere. this website is full of so many [censored] posts unrelated to poker. thats why i wrote that. i'm looking for the best value tournies from people who have played them regulary on pokerstars. what the [censored] is so hard about that?
Old 02-21-2007, 12:54 AM

if you want to play decent tournies that dont take forever id try the 180 man sit and goes. their better than the regular freezeouts because the stacks are deeper at the end than the regular tournies (granted they are still pretty shallow.)

I like the rebuy tournies. I think they are pretty good value because alot of people will shove anything and create a big prize pool and they are pretty deep as long as you rebuy and add on.

id stay away from the NL holdem freezeouts.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:53 AM

If you play a $10 rebuy that you should average $50-$70 per tournament and if you win the one starting at 22:00 pstars time you would get about $13k on a weekday, 15k on a weekend. You'd need to get through about 1500 players on a weekday and about 1900 on a weekend.

be sure that you are willing to rebuy and that you know how to play a rebuy period and how to adjust after the rebuy period is finished.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
meaningless? let me clarify. i'm not interested in winning 5k if i get lucky i want to win say 12k or more. also I don't want to play with 5000 other players. and I cant aford to play a $200 buy-in every week. as for insulting responders you need to look up the meaning of insulting others as i cant find no insulting anywhere. this website is full of so many [censored] posts unrelated to poker. thats why i wrote that. i'm looking for the best value tournies from people who have played them regulary on pokerstars. what the [censored] is so hard about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

You've some conflicting goals here. You can't afford to play $200/wk, don't want to play against 5000 other people, but yet, you want to win at least $12k if you get lucky and win. And we don't know your starting bankroll. And, are you wanting to "build" a roll or are you just trying to get lucky and win a big payday? Not trying to be a jerk here, but you're new to the forum and some of the "old" heads may be a little fed up with these types of questions.

However, that being said....welcome to the forums...and I'll answer as best I can.

Previous responses on the 180's are spot on the money. They are generally soft and are a good value. See shaundeebs post on playing the 180's. Excellent advice.

Also, if you're looking to build a bankroll, I've had a lot of success playing satellites to the Sunday game. The $39 pays 1 out of every 6 entrants....and it's typically fairly soft. Also the $10R Turbos are soft as well...and take only about 1 1/2 hours to play.

Once you win an entry either play the Sunday game or unregister and use the $T to play other guaranteed tourneys. (or win multiple entries and do both) The $11R $55,000 guarantee usually has at least 1200 or so players and has a nice prize pool paying at least $10k usually. Tonight for example, 1490 paying about $13k.

For $39 you can "get lucky" and win $215 $T, use them to acquire more $T and at the same time, enter some of the bigger payout tourneys. All the while, playing the 180's to slowly build your roll. Piece o' cake!

Hope that helps.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:50 AM

excellent thank you
by the way i was a member of this forum in 1997 so I'am a way more old head then most now. if i do a search of my real name i find posts with some guy named raymer or such!!!! from 1997