Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: How would you play KK in this situation?

Question:

I was heads up at the final table at a 3K guaranteed tournament on Bodog. I was SB with a 3:1 chip advantage. Villian was basically shoving every time he hit a piece of the flop in hopes that I hit nothing and had taken about 20,000 of my 180,000 chips with this strategy. I was raising junk at times and overbetting monster hands, so I had a pretty reckless image to him. I limped in with KK and he checked his option. Flop comes 234r and he instashoves and flips over 84o and doesn't improve and I win the tournament. Was limping with KK a -EV play in this point in the game?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:34 AM

heads up is one of the very few times I will limp in with KK but I have no idea if its +EV or not I would say it is.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:02 AM

Okay, think about it this way. If it would be +EV to shove any 2, then it might be okay to limp your big pairs. I'm not sure this applies to OP, it depends on his read of SB. But normally if the button and SB limp to you in BB, and you have a "super tight" image, you should be shoving 93o. So in conclusion, preflop, OK fine whatever. Flop just put the rest in, for god's sake.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man. this forum really isn't open to playing styles other than "by-the-book/theory"....

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, get over yourself. If you posted this hand because you wanted everyone to agree with you and tell you how great you are, then yes, you've come to the wrong place.

Seems to me that most of the responses in this thread are pretty thoughtful, despite disagreeing with you.