View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2006, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[ QUOTE ]
In addition we plan to introduce a visual recognition for Supernova players by special graphics in their PokerStars icon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I like this.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:25 PM

Am I missing something here?.....so the freerolls have added prize money but the gold and platinum stars can play in them as well. So in that sense being a supernova doens't have any added benefit.

The only extra benefit of getting 200k vpps etc is the one time bonus, which is nice (but considering that the vpps have an $800 value isn't that great).....

The way I see it is there is no great benifit to making supernova that wasn't available in 2006.

Am I missing something? Obviously there are some great benefits to becoming elite, but how many players are really going to get there?

I think Im a little disapointed considering the hype.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I missing something here?.....so the freerolls have added prize money but the gold and platinum stars can play in them as well. So in that sense being a supernova doens't have any added benefit.

The only extra benefit of getting 200k vpps etc is the one time bonus, which is nice (but considering that the vpps have an $800 value isn't that great).....

The way I see it is there is no great benifit to making supernova that wasn't available in 2006.

Am I missing something? Obviously there are some great benefits to becoming elite, but how many players are really going to get there?

I think Im a little disapointed considering the hype.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually very dissappointed. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
The SN elite looks enticing but realistically I don't think I can make 83K VPPs a month on a consistent basis for the entire year to reach 1M VPPs. I like pokerstars effort to make changes but I had hoped to make pokerstars my only site, now I'm not so sure.

I don't see much added value for reaching 200K+ vpps except a one time bonus. This is hardly exciting news.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:37 PM

I'm disappointed almost to the point of being disgusted.

The folks who can make the additional supernova tiers get nice bonuses. I don't begrudge them that, they pay more rake than I do they deserve better rewards.

The fix to the freeroll problems is to have more freerolls. So now there's just more freerolls I don't want to play.

So the improvements get me basically nothing.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:40 PM

ya I'm dissapointed too.. The freerolls seem pretty pointless, i'd kinda like to get benefits that don't involve playing more poker, especially tournament poker in massive fields on a (probable) weekend.

The tier system doesn't change much for me.. 1Mill VPP's is so out of the question for almost everyone except the highest volume and stakes players.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:44 PM

even if you're one of the high volume/stakes players, to put in 83K+ raked hands a month "for the entire" year is still stretching it. How'd you like to 12 table 6max for 8 hours a day for a whole year?
Old 12-30-2006, 02:45 PM

Yeah this is really disappointing. The only benefit is the reward bonus which while nice is hardly earth shattering i mean $2k when you reach 200,000.

I was at least expecting an increased FPP accrual rate.

I was going to calculate how many VPP's I could make if I devoted my play to Stars, but looknig at this it isn't worth bothering unless you can make elite, which at first glance seems a ridiculous target for any mid-stakes players.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In addition we plan to introduce a visual recognition for Supernova players by special graphics in their PokerStars icon.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you, not keen on advertising to my opponents how often I play. Not sure of the ramifications of my opponents having knowledge of my volume of play, just think it's none of their business and may have a negative impact on my EV. Prefer to remain as anonymous as possible, the regulars will know me, don't think I need the recreational player paying closer attention to me. Perhaps I'm wrong, from an EV standpoint the supernova designation could be a positive, any thoughts?
Old 12-30-2006, 02:53 PM

I assume it will be possible to opt out.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you, not keen on advertising to my opponents how often I play. Not sure of the ramifications of my opponents having knowledge of my volume of play, just think it's none of their business and may have a negative impact on my EV. Prefer to remain as anonymous as possible, the regulars will know me, don't think I need the recreational player paying closer attention to me. Perhaps I'm wrong, from an EV standpoint the supernova designation could be a positive, any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Regular players will see that I'm playing all the time, but I don't want any nOOb who joins the site to immediately recognize me as a (probably) winning player.

If you want to give us an icon or something it should at least be optional for us to display it.