Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2007, 05:08 PM

Default EDF business project : manpurse

OK, everyone. This will seem like a joke post, but it's not.

One of the business ideas I have percolating in my mind right now and have alluded to is a high-end t-shirt company. The purpose of that is mainly so I can meet hot chicks and be a pseudo-celeb designer, but there is very little financial upside unless we happen to get very lucky and decide to put the effort into building a big consumer brand.

However, this idea is one that I think has an opportunity to be huge. OK, Diablo, then why the f are you posting about this great idea on this forum if it can make you so much money?

Well, because it isn't unique and countless people have had this idea and I don't think I'm any more qualified than them to figure it out, so if they have failed, I'll probably fail to.

But if I can harness the collective power of EDF, then perhaps some brainstorming can come up with some ideas that might actually work. And perhaps I can find some people with great ideas that would be interested in being involved in this project.

So, here it is.

Women have purses to carry their stuff around.

Men don't.

When I'm wearing a jacket, not a problem.

But when I'm wearing just pants/jeans/shorts + a shirt, I often want to carry the following:

keys
wallet
gum
cell
cash/coins possibly
chapstick possibly
pen possibly
business cards possibly
(for some people) cigs/lighter

Often the nicer the outfit, the harder it is to carry this stuff without it looking bulky in your clothes.

The fanny pack was attempted, but never really took hold (well, at least not long-term). Things like belt holsters for cell phones were attempted to help address this issue.

But nothing has taken off.

I think whoever comes up with the idea that makes it cool and accepted for men to basically carry around a purse will make a goldmine.

So, what needs to happen to make this happen?