Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 03:43 AM

Default Re: SmartNotes available

Well, depends on how much functionality you need and on the software of the site.
Basically what you have to do is somehow grab the player names, usually by parsing hand histories. That's not so hard.
What's much harder is handling multiple Guis, since AHK wasn't designed to do that kind of stuff. To get it to run smoothly you need some experience with Guis. You could get around this problem though if you don't need to have multiple pop-ups at the same time.
Bottom line you need to be willing to invest a lot of hours; if you are, it's not that hard.
If you need more specific advice let me know.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:53 AM

Default Re: SmartNotes available

Yeah, I think I'm gonna pass on it for now and maybe re-visit it when I have more time. I haven't done much with AutoHotKey but I have GUI experience from automated testing. I had to do a lot of scripting in WinRunner and SilkTest at past jobs.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:04 PM

Default Feature Request

Currently, to see the hand history for the current hand, the chat box needs to be set to "no player chat." I tried 6 tabling with all the tables set to this and there was just way too much text scrolling. It felt like my head was about to explode! I had to turn it back to dealer:summary.

So...is there anyway to make it so it only goes to "no player chat" when you press the hotkey to get the current hand history. In other words, you press the Key, it goes to no player chat for just long enough to get the info, then it goes back to whatever you had it on.

Is this possible?

Also, it appears that SmartNotes isn't saving some of the hotkeys I assign. I will set up some hotkeys and then close the program, but sometimes they do not reappear in the "keys" section when I reopen. It appears that the hotkey is still set because it is in the config file and the function is still performed when I press it, but like I said it doesn't appear in the setup box.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Feature Request

It's possible, but actually makes it worse, not better.
You could use MoveEm to move the chatbox out of sight, though.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it appears that SmartNotes isn't saving some of the hotkeys I assign. I will set up some hotkeys and then close the program, but sometimes they do not reappear in the "keys" section when I reopen. It appears that the hotkey is still set because it is in the config file and the function is still performed when I press it, but like I said it doesn't appear in the setup box.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bug. Oh well. Thanks for reporting it.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's possible, but actually makes it worse, not better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would it make it worse? I would only need to perform the function every once in a while.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would it make it worse? I would only need to perform the function every once in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, people using this for BetPot/TableNavigator say it's worse; the reson is that the edit control scrolls through all the text from when you opened the table when you set it to no player chat.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:00 PM

I'm looking for a way that i can still take notes on Party while running the "Bet Pot" script at the same time. While playing, right now a right click of the mouse attempts to bet and doesn't let me open up the notes menu. Is Smartnotes the solution?
Old 09-12-2006, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Smartnotes the solution?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but it's also a lot more than that...
Old 09-12-2006, 05:47 PM

I'm convinced, i'll give it a try tonight. Thanks as always Roland.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:44 PM

I'll try again in the vain hope Roland sees this. I just recently stumbled across this awesome looking script; only problem is I can't get it working. I just get the "No data yet, sorry" message no matter how long I'm at the table playing (real money). I play NL 6 max. I have the 6 max box checked under prefs. I'm pretty sure I have the directories set up correctly.

Could someone even just put me out of my misery and tell me whether or not SmartNotes is compatible with Party any more? Much appreciated.