Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Bigotry against non christians?

[ QUOTE ]
Really? Less than for a homosexual? That surprises me a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

No slickss, it stands for reason. Many, many christians are closet homosexuals from the top down of their organizations or sects. They would not do anything to prevent one of them brother christians from being elected. What's more christianity has matured so much in the last few years that, really, homosexuality, as it should be, is no longer viewed as a negative. I mean we are all born in the image of god, etc... For all you know, the christian god, or his son, could also have been homosexuals and good on them! I am certain that the son favoured the company of males. Time to start really seeing what is being said in the scriptures, dude! It is all positive, gay or not!

There is also the matter of a virgin birth, another indictment perhaps of heterosexuality, even! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Bigotry against non christians?

That's not really suprising. America is a VERY religious country. almost 90% of the population literally believe in miracles ( source ). However as education & intelligence go up, the liklihood of religous conviction goes down. Meaning amonsgt the congress (a very well educated group) there must be a fair amount of atheists who, for political reasons, cannot SAY that they're atheists... Richard Dawkins writes some interesting stuff about it in his book.