Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 12:50 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.
Default Re: Anyone else play $1-$2 HORSE at FTP?

O8 is my worst game. I don't sit out when I'm playing HORSE, but I don't play O8 hands unless I have uber premium hands that I will drop if a bad flop comes. The thing that always gets me is having A2 and getting quartered for low.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:59 PM

I've gotten 1/6th for low more often than I can count (3 guys split low, one guy takes high. Grr.)

The worst O8 hand I've ever been a part of was when I flopped the high nuts, turned the low nuts, and got outdrawn on the river on both ends (by two seperate individuals). The low end was a counterfeit, so that was a 3-outter. The high end was quads, a 1 outter.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forgive me for more of my HORSE noobery but do you guys use PT for this? If so, do you have all 3 open at once? What a pain in the ass. On the plus side if I start playing HORSE there will be a HORSE and a Omaha HUD available relatively soon. And probably simulators for all HORSE games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have PT for HE. When I'm playing HORSE I don't bother running PTS and PTO while playing since PAHUD doesn't work for 8-max tables anyways.

There are other complications with FTP and Stars:

On FTP, it saves your HHs by table, so if you have PTx automatically move imported hands to another folder, you have to remember to put the file back to import it in the other PTs you use.

On Stars, I use the advanced notes export utility which puts their stats in the note box (again, because there's no HUD). The problem there is for stud, since it'll combine all their stats from RS and E, making it a lot less useful. Although you can at least get some idea on how loose or aggressive they are across the board.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:22 PM

Well that's it, I'll make a HUD then. Since I started playing stud/8 I've been modifying mine to seperate out stud/8 and razz. Mine works with 8max (or 6max or 5max) tables. It sometimes has trouble figuring out how many people the table supports, because pokertracker doesn't know, it just tells you how many are there. Sometimes you can work it out from the hand history. Anyway, if it guesses wrong you just click a button and tell my HUD how many seats there are at the table.

There are many things about my HUD that will make it less useful for others, and I keep meaning to fix these things, but I never bother because I'm busy and honestly no one seems interested. These things are:
* MS access support (only works with Postgres right now)
* ability to define which fields you want to see (at the moment shows vpip / pfr / af / wsd / w$sd and a few pieces of trivia)
* better tournament support - I just added tournament support period, for the first time, so it's pretty spotty. Part of the trouble of a hud is "finding" the table's window so you can put the HUD over it. This works OK with pokerstars but with full tilt they name their tables kind of oddly, and I haven't been able to make it work.
Also since I only play on PS and FTP at the moment, nothing is guaranteed to work anywhere else.

Please, if the idea of a stud or horse HUD interests ANYONE, and you're willing to help me develop it further by using and testing it, let me know.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well that's it, I'll make a HUD then. Since I started playing stud/8 I've been modifying mine to seperate out stud/8 and razz. Mine works with 8max (or 6max or 5max) tables. It sometimes has trouble figuring out how many people the table supports, because pokertracker doesn't know, it just tells you how many are there. Sometimes you can work it out from the hand history. Anyway, if it guesses wrong you just click a button and tell my HUD how many seats there are at the table.

There are many things about my HUD that will make it less useful for others, and I keep meaning to fix these things, but I never bother because I'm busy and honestly no one seems interested. These things are:
* MS access support (only works with Postgres right now)
* ability to define which fields you want to see (at the moment shows vpip / pfr / af / wsd / w$sd and a few pieces of trivia)
* better tournament support - I just added tournament support period, for the first time, so it's pretty spotty. Part of the trouble of a hud is "finding" the table's window so you can put the HUD over it. This works OK with pokerstars but with full tilt they name their tables kind of oddly, and I haven't been able to make it work.
Also since I only play on PS and FTP at the moment, nothing is guaranteed to work anywhere else.

Please, if the idea of a stud or horse HUD interests ANYONE, and you're willing to help me develop it further by using and testing it, let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually dl'ed your program a while ago when you first mentioned it but I haven't done anything with it yet because it required converting the DBs to PostgreSQL. But I also don't have a good reason to not convert it, since from what I've read in the PT forums it's supposed to be faster and be an overall improvement to Access. So I think I'll do that today, since I've got it all backed up anyhow and it has been running pretty slow lately and play around with it.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:26 PM

OK. Feel free to email me (poker@rustybrooks.com) or PM me if you have any questions. Also, I'm always tinkering with it, so if you want a newer version let me know. I'm always fiddling with this or that.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK. Feel free to email me (poker@rustybrooks.com) or PM me if you have any questions. Also, I'm always tinkering with it, so if you want a newer version let me know. I'm always fiddling with this or that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'll check it out, too. I was going to DL it yesterday but didn't get around to turning on my windows comp...

-ChipsAhoya
Old 11-12-2007, 09:37 PM

That has certainly helped. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I thought that you survived playing poker because you get paid every two weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-12-2007, 09:48 PM

This is really the way to deal with your weak games. Just play real tight. I'm pretty bad at Razz. I don't have a good feel for the game, and I end up in trouble a lot.

However, even I am probably doing ok with my 3-wheel card starts, as long as I get some money in the pot early.

If you're bad at O8, stick to the real good starting hands. It's hard to lose much money at O8 playing A23x with the Ace suited.

Of course, its hard to get better at the games by just playing the nuts.

That's why I get in there with the rough 8s in Razz. I'll learn how to play them eventually [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
O8 is my worst game. I don't sit out when I'm playing HORSE, but I don't play O8 hands unless I have uber premium hands that I will drop if a bad flop comes. The thing that always gets me is having A2 and getting quartered for low.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-13-2007, 07:04 AM

I play all the games, Stud hi is my worst but I don't pussy out and sitout during stud hi, but I do thighten up a bit.

Anyone else that plays 2-4, 3-6 and 5-10 HORSE regulairy on FTP?