Default Re: Blackwater in a time of peace

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why do u feel that aljazeera is less reputable than western sources? Seems very ethnocentric.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is. Sue me.

[/ QUOTE ]
examples? or was your opinion formed for u?

[/ QUOTE ]

US Nukes Syria

Thats a start.

[/ QUOTE ]

did u read this? all it says is "yes we bombed them, sorry turkey, we used ur air." totally invalid information

[/ QUOTE ]

If you say that article isn't filled with false information, I don't think "Tactical Nuclear Strike" means what you think it means.

[/ QUOTE ]

And about all this, you do see how/why the article you chose, and the way you misrepresented it is a perfect example of a red herring, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just read the first paragraph of that article.

[ QUOTE ]
sources claim US jets, armed with tactical nuclear weapons carried out an attack on Syria.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-04-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
see, to me, you're saying "i like the idea of a private super military, with soldiers who receive training second to none in the world, with a structure such that no one at the company can be held liable for worker malfeasance, with IMMUNITY granted by the US, running wild with billions of $$$$$ all around the world"

[/ QUOTE ]

i am asking, do u think the above bolded statement is accurate?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's not what is going on at all. Sure that scares me, but it's not the point, because it's not happening here.

Blackwater executives have stated they see no reason that security agents cannot be prosecuted under US law.

Also, this "immunity" thing is really blown way out of proportion. The immunity you describe is nothing more than a statement saying the agents who were interviewed by the DOJ would not have their own statements used against them. Its essentially the same protection granted to civilian police officers who are involved in justifiable homicides here on US soil.

Police are prosecuted all the time. It simply means they cannot be incriminated on the statement, and that evidence other than statements must be provided to prosecute.

[/ QUOTE ] Also, this "immunity" thing is really blown way out of proportion. The immunity you describe is nothing more than a statement saying the agents who were interviewed by the DOJ would not have their own statements used against them. Its essentially the same protection granted to civilian police officers who are involved in justifiable homicides here on US soil.

Why do they deserve the same protection granted to POLICE?
Old 11-04-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
were you implying was the primary cause?

[/ QUOTE ]
Stick to blackwater please.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, if Blackwater kills people for money, why on Earth can't I get them to kill people for money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really not see why this is a fallacious statement? They *do* kill people for money, this is undeniably true. Just because they don't deal in *all* "kill for money" areas doesn't make it any less true.
[ QUOTE ]
Could it be because the statement is a gross, ridiculous oversimplification?

[/ QUOTE ]
Gross? No. Ridiculous? No. Oversimplication? Possibly. But the whole "kill people for money" thing is kind of the main reason there are so many people against Blackwater right now.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why do u feel that aljazeera is less reputable than western sources? Seems very ethnocentric.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is. Sue me.

[/ QUOTE ]
examples? or was your opinion formed for u?

[/ QUOTE ]

US Nukes Syria

Thats a start.

[/ QUOTE ]

did u read this? all it says is "yes we bombed them, sorry turkey, we used ur air." totally invalid information

[/ QUOTE ]

If you say that article isn't filled with false information, I don't think "Tactical Nuclear Strike" means what you think it means.

[/ QUOTE ]

And about all this, you do see how/why the article you chose, and the way you misrepresented it is a perfect example of a red herring, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just read the first paragraph of that article.

[ QUOTE ]
sources claim US jets, armed with tactical nuclear weapons carried out an attack on Syria.
just read the rest of the article......

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-04-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
see, to me, you're saying "i like the idea of a private super military, with soldiers who receive training second to none in the world, with a structure such that no one at the company can be held liable for worker malfeasance, with IMMUNITY granted by the US, running wild with billions of $$$$$ all around the world"

[/ QUOTE ]

i am asking, do u think the above bolded statement is accurate?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's not what is going on at all. Sure that scares me, but it's not the point, because it's not happening here.

Blackwater executives have stated they see no reason that security agents cannot be prosecuted under US law.

Also, this "immunity" thing is really blown way out of proportion. The immunity you describe is nothing more than a statement saying the agents who were interviewed by the DOJ would not have their own statements used against them. Its essentially the same protection granted to civilian police officers who are involved in justifiable homicides here on US soil.

Police are prosecuted all the time. It simply means they cannot be incriminated on the statement, and that evidence other than statements must be provided to prosecute.

[/ QUOTE ] Also, this "immunity" thing is really blown way out of proportion. The immunity you describe is nothing more than a statement saying the agents who were interviewed by the DOJ would not have their own statements used against them. Its essentially the same protection granted to civilian police officers who are involved in justifiable homicides here on US soil.

Why do they deserve the same protection granted to POLICE?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they're PROTECTIVE AGENTS currently employed by the DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE possibly?
Old 11-04-2007, 03:44 PM

You honestly think the article you've provided is to be used as evidence for aljazeera's dishonesty?
Old 11-04-2007, 03:46 PM

well i guess you're right buddy, they're private military police employed by the DOD...and that is not scary.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
were you implying was the primary cause?

[/ QUOTE ]
Stick to blackwater please.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, if Blackwater kills people for money, why on Earth can't I get them to kill people for money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really not see why this is a fallacious statement? They *do* kill people for money, this is undeniably true. Just because they don't deal in *all* "kill for money" areas doesn't make it any less true.
[ QUOTE ]
Could it be because the statement is a gross, ridiculous oversimplification?

[/ QUOTE ]
Gross? No. Ridiculous? No. Oversimplication? Possibly. But the whole "kill people for money" thing is kind of the main reason there are so many people against Blackwater right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does a US Marine kill people for money? I'd say yes. That's as much of an oversimplification.

I've really searched hard for a Blackwater incident backed up by alot of hard evidence and reliable sources.

All I've seen is alot of highly unreliable sources making unverifiable accusations which are repeated as truth by members of the media without any hard investigation into the matter.

When the ongoing investigation of the Sept 16th incident is completed, we'll know better where we stand. I may be wrong at that point, but as of now, no one knows what really happened.

These men are much better trained in threat assessment than any of us are. If they're wrong, they're wrong. The point is, no one knows at this point.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well i guess you're right buddy, they're private military police employed by the DOD...and that is not scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

They perform a job that needs to be done. They do it, obviously, because the enlisted MP's were incapable. I'd suggest you write your senator, request MPs be given better training, to bring them closer to the standards Blackwater requires if you don't like security agents working in Iraq.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You honestly think the article you've provided is to be used as evidence for aljazeera's dishonesty?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to go for a trainwreck. If you want to talk about it, just create a new thread about Al Jazeera's dishonesty. I'm sure you'll get hundreds of links to prove my point.