Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Should i be mad at my friend?

Ehh yea i know what u mean. Some ppl also said read this while i am 30 or 40 and i will start laughing at how foolish i was. Will just call my other friends too go though I am not as close to them as I am with these friends.

Thanks and im just going to enjoy myself this weekend even though i wouldnt be with the close friends of mine but rather with my friends who are not that close.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Should i be mad at my friend?

This is a classic case of your buddy being an idiot.

Basically, without knowing him, Iīm guessing heīs the lazy self-centred type with lots of issues that he always appears to be trying to sort out, like his work, but he always wimps out after a while. I hate this kind of person, having known a few like this myself.

Your problem is that one of your best friends is a complete loser. You canīt blame him for his actions, he will almost certainly never change in any significant way. If you cant, or dont want to put up with this kind of crap indefinitely, then cut the friendship down, or out.

That said, you probably need to consider what youīre offering him within the friendship. If the friendship isnīt more or less balanced, it wonīt work. If you donīt want to end it altogether you could try:

1. treating him in a similar way. he might realise how much of a scumbag move it is and be more considerate in future.

2. just not giving a [censored] about him and prepare to make new, better friends if they come along. in the meantime, hang out with him, be friendly, but donīt think of him as a friend, (ie as someone you can place a lot of trust on, make sacrifices for and expect same thing in return, plan stuff around, etc)

Dunno if this is very coherent.