Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: about to colon cleanse - what\'s gonna happen to me?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't eat, where is this energy that's going to revolutionize your life going to come from? Karma calories? You really think your body has got lots of energy but that it's just holding out on you?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's well known that when (healthy) people go into starvation mode they get horny and have sex like crazy. go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd venture that that's a psychological response, not a physiological one. Same phenomenon as when people get horny at funerals. Being reminded of your mortality increases your urge to procreate.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't eat, where is this energy that's going to revolutionize your life going to come from? Karma calories? You really think your body has got lots of energy but that it's just holding out on you?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's well known that when (healthy) people go into starvation mode they get horny and have sex like crazy. go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd venture that that's a psychological response, not a physiological one. Same phenomenon as when people get horny at funerals. Being reminded of your mortality increases your urge to procreate.

[/ QUOTE ]

There could be something built in biologically at a very low level. Many plants have a mechanism where when they are severely stressed they put all their energy into reproduction (eg. flowers and pollen) and abandon maintaining their bodies. Any time a tree that normally blooms sporadically suddenly explodes into a massive bloom, it means it's about to die.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,
pics plz

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd get banned. Just trust me that it looks like what's here. I [censored] 8 times yesterday and each one was more of that stuff. It is crazy seeing that much crap come out of you, when all you're ingesting is water, apple juice, & the toxin absorber powder.

In the 4th day of 5 now. Last night I had some organic veggie/miso broth to celebrate getting half-way through and it tasted better than anything I can remember.

Regarding energy, I agree it doesn't make sense that the energy used in digesting would transfer to anything else, because digestion seems to be just an involuntary process like breathing, and it's a process that gives you energy through metabolism. But - I can say that this morning I felt more refreshed and energized than I have in a long time. I told my wife it felt like I was in Vegas, I had that much energy.

So - so far, so good. My stomach, bowels, & urinary tract all feel a-ok right now, but I'll admit it if anything gets out of whack in the next couple weeks.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for a single event your explanation makes sense, but over a period of time it doesn't. remember, the position is taht if you don't eat your energy decreases. so why would'nt sexual energy decrease? u see my point./
Old 10-25-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There could be something built in biologically at a very low level. Many plants have a mechanism where when they are severely stressed they put all their energy into reproduction (eg. flowers and pollen) and abandon maintaining their bodies. Any time a tree that normally blooms sporadically suddenly explodes into a massive bloom, it means it's about to die.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, either way, it doesn't mean that you have more energy. It just means your energy priorities shifted.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the main point here I think, if I understand the argument.

normally the body's energies are balanced in a certain way, and by fasting these energies can be distributed in a different way.

in other words, by fasting, certain parts or segments or systems of the body can be revved up with more energy than they would normally get.

I mean that's the theory anyway from what I understand.

I mean if it can happen to the sexual system, which is true because it is observable, then at least in theory it can happen with other systems, right?
Old 10-25-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, either way, it doesn't mean that you have more energy. It just means your energy priorities shifted.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but I think the point is that some body energy system (like detox or whatever) that normally gets .01% of body system energy now gets .1%, which is ten times more.

so even if total energy goes down, certain system's energies can go way way up.

I mean we all know muscle mass will decrease (that system will have a decrease).
Old 10-25-2007, 12:26 PM

This thread is badly in need of a doctor's feedback, especially regarding the colon casts, which we've already been through before in great detail in OOT.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
his thread is badly in need of a doctor's feedback, espe

[/ QUOTE ]

m.d.s freely admit they are not trained in nutrition or health. at least the vast majority or them.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:50 PM

They are more believable authority figures than random guys who post in forums. If we told someone that all he is seeing is casts of his intestines because of the clay he is ingesting, it would seem more arguable just because of who we are.

The OOT thread(s) about this lay it all out in detail. But I fear anyone gullible enough to fall for this is not going to listen to anyone not a doctor, or maybe a witchdoctor.