Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: How good is David Benyamine?

Better than me..that's for sure
Old 09-17-2007, 08:42 PM

The perception of DB is disorted by many. They try to extrapolate his online NLHE game to his poker ability as a whole. What these people forget is that NLHE is David's 4th or 5th best game.

I'd like to see some of the hotshot NLHE players sit down at a table full of the best players in the world at Stud, Omaha 8 or better, Stud 8, Razz, etc. They'd get their house cleaned, and would be certified fish.

Although it may come as a surprise to many, a few more poker games exist besides HE. As far as *overall* poker ability, David is among the best in the world.

By the way, one of David's leaks is that he doesn't eat while he plays poker (Neagreanu mentions this in one of his blog entries.) If he plays for 18 hours, he doesn't eat for 18 hours. Add onto that the fact that he multi-tables many types of games for obscene lengths of time (i.e., the dude has to be massively hungry and tired), I don't think he has his A-game working online anywhere near all the time. Given his robust girth, however, he must compensate (and then some!) for his lack of eating when he finally pulls himself away from the tables.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, one of David's leaks is that he doesn't eat while he plays poker (Neagreanu mentions this in one of his blog entries.) If he plays for 18 hours, he doesn't eat for 18 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]
i heard if he played a 18 hour session he starts a 6 hour eating session...
so his leak is: he doesnt sleep
Old 09-17-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The perception of DB is disorted by many. They try to extrapolate his online NLHE game to his poker ability as a whole. What these people forget is that NLHE is David's 4th or 5th best game.

I'd like to see some of the hotshot NLHE players sit down at a table full of the best players in the world at Stud, Omaha 8 or better, Stud 8, Razz, etc. They'd get their house cleaned, and would be certified fish.

Although it may come as a surprise to many, a few more poker games exist besides HE. As far as *overall* poker ability, David is among the best in the world.

By the way, one of David's leaks is that he doesn't eat while he plays poker (Neagreanu mentions this in one of his blog entries.) If he plays for 18 hours, he doesn't eat for 18 hours. Add onto that the fact that he multi-tables many types of games for obscene lengths of time (i.e., the dude has to be massively hungry and tired), I don't think he has his A-game working online anywhere near all the time. Given his robust girth, however, he must compensate (and then some!) for his lack of eating when he finally pulls himself away from the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love how you say this without ever seeing these players play a single hand of those games. you have never sat the big game, you have no idea, half of those guys got their fortune through businesses and the other half through playing other games and limit holdem, ocassionally mixed games with the biggest fish in the world.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given his robust girth, however, he must compensate (and then some!) for his lack of eating when he finally pulls himself away from the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you habitually go hungry for 18 hours then gorge yourself to make up for it then your body will tend to turn a lot of food into fat, not unreasonably when ya think about it.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:59 PM

Dbens is the man and Erica is so hot =D
Old 09-17-2007, 11:37 PM

Honestly, how is DB not everyone's hero. Fat degenerate who crushes and has a hot poker playing wife.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

By the way, one of David's leaks is that he doesn't eat while he plays poker (Neagreanu mentions this in one of his blog entries.) If he plays for 18 hours, he doesn't eat for 18 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]
i heard if he played a 18 hour session he starts a 6 hour eating session...
so his leak is: he doesnt sleep

[/ QUOTE ]

lol! O rly ^_^
Old 09-18-2007, 12:30 AM

Benyamine makes a ton of money online at PLO and loses a ton of money online at NLHE.

This doesn't necessarily mean he is bad at NLHE it just means he isn't +ev in shorthanded games vs aba/jman/durrr/cts etc.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tofu_boy, theres rumors around (and i think DB mentioned it himself) that he is/was on a huge downswing, 5 million was the figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do agree that he hit huge downswing about 3 months ago. But he does win alot before that and last 2 months he also win some nice # to offset those downswing and be on the +$ side for the year.