Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 07:56 PM

Default 2 hands w/ JJ I\'m lost

Hand 1 vs unkown no real reads he's 40/17/1.5 over 40 hands.
When he minraises me on flop should I just be calling? I don't usually like to do that in this type of situation. After he calls I figured I had to be beat with that turn card and just planned on shutting down. Should I have played the hand any differently?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $1,297.70
BB: $600.00
Hero (BTN): $591.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $21.00</font>, SB calls $18.00, BB folds

Flop: ($48) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $36.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $72.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $193.00</font>, SB calls $121.00

Turn: ($434) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($434) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $434.00</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $434.00 returned to SB

Pot Size: $434.00 ($1 Rake)

Hand 2 was against agility bob who i have as a total fish running at 42/19/5.5. his preflop 3bet could mean any hand the way he was playing, as previously he had shown down T7 os after making the same 3bet preflop. Am I correct to fire the flop and turn? Should I shut down after he calls my flop bet? When he checkraised me on turn I figured I couldn't be good, does anyone still call on the turn the way it played out? Thanks for any advice.
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

BB: $960.05
Hero (SB): $433.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $12.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $36.00</font>, Hero calls $24.00

Flop: ($72) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $63.00</font>, BB calls $63.00

Turn: ($198) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $144.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $861.05</font>...
Old 07-09-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Re: 2 hands w/ JJ I\'m lost

In the first hand I would just call the minraise without reads, because of his low aggression factor he probably has a combodraw or a set, so you're a dog versus his range.
I doubt he ever bluffs that river, so a fold looks good.

I need to know more about your friend Bob to say anything reasonable about the second hand. Does he like to semibluff on the turn? Does he like to make extreme bluffs on scary boards? If you don't know never bet the turn and call a PSB on a non spade river (maybe even on a spade river if your guts tells you to).
Old 07-09-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Re: 2 hands w/ JJ I\'m lost

Hand 1 I would 3 bet a lot more something in the range of $240, if you were behind already then the turn card could be a blessing I shut down as well after that card.
Hand 2 I'm inclined to check behind, but if you do bet the flop can get called then check behind on the turn for a cheap showdown.