Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Ohio State @ Michigan Thread (11/17/07)

[ QUOTE ]
He took Okie State from crap to 3rd, 3rd, and 5th in the Big 12 South. That's pretty good? I guess if Michigan fans are content with being in the top half of the Big 10 (most times), so be it.

He can definitely recruit well. So can Carr. I don't think any Michigan fans would argue with that. He is a choker and an underachiever. He is a fool as well. He is lucky he is running well with his idiotic decisions. Think of him as someone with a huge chip stack who gets all in with a weaker hand over and over. If he runs well, he's going to win anyway. I agree he's not the worst out there. But the same is true of Carr. He's probably better than 75% of coaches out there. I just don't think Michigan fans are content with that. I wasn't with Cooper.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With as much talent as LSU has, you could have a donkey as a coach and get the same results. Ok State- lol, a real success story. He takes a team from awful to mediocre. Congrats. I can remember lots of games where they managed to blow like 21 point leads in the 4th quarter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Name more than one, please. TBH, I have no idea how many there were but it is obviously more than likely ZERO. I would however be more than willing to set the blind O/U at one vs. the typical "Hey you suck!!" classy OSU fan.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:53 PM

This is the greatest rivalry in sports. Time and time again, the big ten is decided on this game, and while that may not be as big a deal as it was 3+ yrs ago, it is still huge. GL UM, get well soon, the rivalry needs it. Also, to whomever calleda buckeye fans a bunch of hicks, clearly you have never been to Columbus.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:03 PM

Yeah, I was wrong about the 4th quarter thing. But here is a good example-

2004 vs. Texas. Okie State up 35-7 just before halftime.
Final score? Texas 56, Okie State 35.

I was confused about the other times Texas came back- Les Miles was gone by then.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:03 PM

Well, while Columbus is a pretty decent city most Buckeye fans are indeed hicks.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was confused about the other times Texas came back- Les Miles was gone by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember this game. Guy who won the game for Texas was this fella whose name escapes me, Vince something...
Old 11-17-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember this game. Guy who won the game for Texas was this fella whose name escapes me, Vince something...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they didn't even send out a defense or even 10 other players. He snapped the ball to himself, then he threw it, knocked over every opponent, caught it, then tackled himself since he was so amazing.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:18 PM

Post game quote from Michigan AD Bill Martin: "If I had to replace Lloyd, I want to clone him. That's the bottom line. If we have to move on, well, I'm going to make certain that whoever we bring in is somebody that can sustain the record that Lloyd has."

Our AD wants the next coach to be a Lloyd Carr "clone." Goodbye everyone. I am going to put a bullet in my head.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Post game quote from Michigan AD Bill Martin: "If I had to replace Lloyd, I want to clone him. That's the bottom line. If we have to move on, well, I'm going to make certain that whoever we bring in is somebody that can sustain the record that Lloyd has."

Our AD wants the next coach to be a Lloyd Carr "clone." Goodbye everyone. I am going to put a bullet in my head.

[/ QUOTE ]
Funny. I lul'ed

But really -- don't read too much into this. It's just an AD expressing public support for his coach in the strongest possible terms. I'd be surprised if he feels this way privately.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, he may just be saying that to be nice since he knows he's gone.

And in terms of running a clean program I agree.

If Les really did bad-mouth Michigan during recruiting, I could see Martin blackballing him. The problem is the list of competent "Michigan Men" is limited.