Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Ohio State @ Michigan Thread (11/17/07)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The bad news (for you) is the Les Miles era might be beginning.

[/ QUOTE ]

It probably doesn't get any worse than this. Even if Les is the biggest luckbox donkey moron -- and I concede he very well may be -- it probably can't be much worse than this. We'll finish unranked for the 2nd time in 3 years, we lost to a I-AA team, we're headed to the Champs Sports Bowl, we're 1-6 against Tressel, and it's clear the program is way behind OSU. So yeah, I mean, I guess Les could really bottom us ala Notre Dame, but I really don't think this is "bad news". It can't get much worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna save this post on my favorites for 5 years from now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, like I said, maybe Les take us down even further. Okay? We're not really a top 15 program anymore. Maybe Les completely [censored] up the program and we fall to Notre Dame like depths. I guess that's worse than the status quo, but I think it's apparent now how far behind OSU we are -- and it's clear that the situation wasn't getting any better with Lloyd as coach.

So go ahead and save this post for as long as you'd like, as I'm not sure what it's intended to demonstrate. Does it get linked to when a Miles coached team puts up 90 yards of total offense against Ohio State, when Miles finishes unranked 2 out of his first three 3 years, when Miles goes 1-6 in his first seven tries against OSU, or when Miles loses to a I-AA team? Maybe when Miles coached players beat up some innocent kids on St Patrick's Day, then get invited back on the team the following fall? Maybe when Miles's gameplans are laughed at for their predictability by their I-AA opponents?

I guess Miles could start [censored] up games against Sparty. Credit to Lloyd, he usually has his teams ready for Michigan State (at least by the 4th quarter). So yeah, if Miles gets the job, loses to 1-AA teams, finishes unranked 2 out of 3 years, goes 1-6 against OSU, and *then* starts blowing a bunch of games against MSU, then link to this post, as he'd have made things demonstrably worse.

And who can forget the MAC schools. Lloyd always had us ready for the Directional Michigans and their MAC brethren. If Miles gets the job and starts losing to MAC teams, then again, link to this.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:58 PM

" Maybe Les completely [censored] up the program and we fall to Notre Dame like depths. "

i like osu. i hope this doesnt happen. these programs need each other to be strong.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:00 PM

It's still laughable to me that opposing fans are rejoicing that Les Miles might be Michigan's coach. Let's see, a proven recruiter who is insanely aggressive coaching the talent Michigan regularly brings in, and you are happy about him over Lloyd Carr and Mike DeBord? Please, Carr obviously has his faults, but you should not be happy about Miles coming in before anything even happens.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have drank a gallon and a half of beer since 8am today, GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw some bastard wearing "Go Blue" hat on the way home and was sure to tell him he sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I like about OSU fans: they always win and lose with class
Old 11-17-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's still laughable to me that opposing fans are rejoicing that Les Miles might be Michigan's coach. Let's see, a proven recruiter who is insanely aggressive coaching the talent Michigan regularly brings in, and you are happy about him over Lloyd Carr and Mike DeBord? Please, Carr obviously has his faults, but you should not be happy about Miles coming in before anything even happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously - OSU fans might be the only people who actually think Miles is a downgrade from Carr

let's face it, he's used to coaching and winning against much better teams than your run-of-the-mill big10 squad.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:23 PM

A few more random thoughts on today's game:

1. Gholston is an absolute beast. Sure, he was abusing Schilling (so could my grandma), but he also went by Jake Long on one of his sacks. His success against UM is even tougher to do deal with since he is from Detroit.

2. Michigan's MVP: Zoltan Mesko Always a sad day when the punter is the your best player on the field. A little more consistency and Mesko will have his name called on NFL draft day in a few years.

3. As usual, Michigan sparingly uses the middle of the field. This accounts for OSU having such good coverage on our out-routes. Not to difficult to defend, when you know what is coming. Watch the Packers play next time and count the number of quick slants...and be prepared to use two hands to count.

4. Antonio Bass--What count have been. For those who don't know, Bass was an extremely talented "slash" type of player. He could play some QB, WR and TB. He suffered a devastating injury a few years ago and has never returned. He could have been so valuable all year (assuming DeBord would have any idea how to use him).

5. The decision to kick the long FG at the end of the first half. With the field conditions, that was a low percentage play. I would have much rather seen a jump ball in the end zone.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously - OSU fans might be the only people who actually think Miles is a downgrade from Carr

let's face it, he's used to coaching and winning against much better teams than your run-of-the-mill big10 squad.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I've lived in Big 12 country for 5 years, he's one of the biggest chokers I've ever seen. He can pull off the occasional upset against a good team but thats about it. LLLLLLoyd was at least fairly consistent . He's 1 game below .500 against Ohio State. Yet you think it can't get worse?

10 am press conference scheduled at Michigan, lol. Maybe Les can do Ohio State his first favor by screwing over his LSU team and get distracted going for this.

Interesting note:

Ohio State has NEVER beaten Michigan 5 times in a row. With 20 returning starters, the big studs at Michigan all gone, the game at home, and against a likely new coach for Michigan, I can't say Michigan has very good odds here. One for the THUMB!

BTW- I don't mean to be a total dick in this thread, but I grew up under the Cooper embarrassment, so I understand what Michigan fans must feel now after the continuous humiliation year after year. Tressel now has half of the Buckeye victories in my lifetime (and 4 were before I was 7 years old)- truly amazing.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's 1 game below .500 against Ohio State.

[/ QUOTE ]
...because he was mostly coaching against an even more incompetent John Cooper.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
heres what i dont understand about mich off. the ran the no huddle for a short stretch and had success. then they didnt go back to it at all. why?

look at osu track record vs no huddle or spread. florida torched them. ill torched them. hell bgsu torched them a few years ago.

i see this in tons of football games from college to pros. coaches find something effective and seem to deliberately go away from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's tough to run the no huddle when you can't complete a pass or run for more than 2 yards.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:36 PM

I hate my life for the next 365 days.