Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: NFL Midseason Rankings

Well you can't really call it an outlier when it is 1/8 of the season to this point. Anyway, even if you ignore that game they are average to slightly below average.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:33 PM

Tampa is definitely better than Washington, Philly, Detroit and Cleveland.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:34 PM

8. Vikings - To high, they matchup well against running teams and against teams who don't defend the run well. They will struggle against teams that can pass and stop the run. Jags with QB + Bucs + Saints ahead of htem.

16 Browns > Seahawks and Eagles. 1 loss to best team eva, 1 loss to 3/4th best team in the league, 1 loss on missed FG.

22. Saints- Far to low. Started season crappily, I'll take last year + last 4 games as much better indicators going forward.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tampa is definitely better than Washington, Philly, Detroit and Cleveland.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tampa lost to Detroit, who got absolutely destroyed by both Philly and Washington. They also let Sean Alexander run for 100+ yards. Although they do have some good wins, beating Tennessee and the Saints (though that was before the Saints remembered they are a top 3 NFC team). So yeah, all 4 of those teams are pretty much are tied in my mind.

[ QUOTE ]
NF,

I'm not sure how you can justify Philly above Seattle, using any measurement. Other than that, it looks decent. Oh, Arizona > Carolina.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tbh just really have not been impressed with Seattle. The only decent team they have beaten all year is Tampa in game 1. They had close losses to Arizona and Cleveland, got pretty dominated by Pittsburgh and New Orleans, and only had 2 actually impressive wins, over 2 of the worst teams in the league. Philly on the other hand absolutely demolished Detroit, had a narrow loss to Green Bay, and also beat Minnesota. Basically, Philly's wins are more impressive than Seattles wins, and they have closer losses, only really being dominated by Dallas, the #3 team in the league. Add in the fact that Seattle now has 0 running game, and their offense now looks like a crappy imitation of Green Bay's "lol pass every play" offense, except with worse players.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:29 PM

Re: Eagles. Redskins are a top 16 team by almost any measure I can think of, and Eagles are less than 3 point dogs against them. Better than the 3-5 record indicates (solid PD, difficult schedule). I'm pretty sure I'm right on the Eagles.

Yes, the chargers are 4-4, not 5-3. Doh.

Bengals are +4 against Ravens on the road, so there might be something there (on the other hand, Chad Johnson). I could be wrong here. PF-PA is pretty bad, schedule strength isn't brutal. (or maybe the Ravens are better than WE think). Probably right, less confidence than normal.

Minnesota's PF-PA = 12, they've faced a tough schedule. Might be too high at 8, but they're not a bottom half team.

Saints - I don't know. I am not discounting the 1st 4 games, they had a sudden improvement last year, I think they might have played a bit over their heads last year. I might be wrong on this one, but that's my guess.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the NYG are due for a tumble, they have played an awfully easy schedule. DVOA has them #11, that seems about right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget their DVOA is slightly distorted by the AWFUL first two weeks of the season - with a healthy Strahan and the new 4 DE package they put in on 3rd downs, the Giants are doing far better. Will be interesting to see them against a real team this weekend though.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Titans, Broncos without Walker, Vikings, 49ers, Redskins, Jags, Dolphins, probly Bucs, Raiders, Ravens, Bears, Falcons. Yea thats probably good.

Plus he has Westbrook.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bucs have Galloway, Redskins have Moss, Ravens have Mason (would still be great if he actually had a QB and still has almost 2x catches as leading Eagles WR).

[/ QUOTE ]

Great argument. Moss has had an awful year, Curtis and Galloway are about even, and 20% of McNabbs passing yards are to Westbrook. McNabb is really not good at all.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:19 PM

Granted it was in London, but their offense didn't do a lot vs. a bad Miami defense 2 weeks ago... Eli put up numbers that would make even Tarvaris Jackson embarrassed.

Also, for any Vince Young lovers out there, his DPAR to this point in the season (including rushing) is two points lower then TJ's.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Granted it was in London, but their offense didn't do a lot vs. a bad Miami defense 2 weeks ago... Eli put up numbers that would make even Tarvaris Jackson embarrassed.

Also, for any Vince Young lovers out there, his DPAR to this point in the season (including rushing) is two points lower then TJ's.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in London in the awful rain and his receivers had lots of drops, too.

Not making excuses for Eli as he hasn't exactly been Johnny Unitas in good weather, but anyone would've struggled there.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the NYG are due for a tumble, they have played an awfully easy schedule. DVOA has them #11, that seems about right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget their DVOA is slightly distorted by the AWFUL first two weeks of the season - with a healthy Strahan and the new 4 DE package they put in on 3rd downs, the Giants are doing far better. Will be interesting to see them against a real team this weekend though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weighted DVOA has them at #11 which downplays the first two games. In a few weeks they'll be disregarded completely though (ie, the first two weeks have no predictive value later on).